"Hrodna - the city of street lights!" Top 5 Page for this destination Hrodna by ZiOOlek

Hrodna Travel Guide: 115 reviews and 289 photos

Street lights

I know that this is strange but street lights in Hrodna are very interesting. There is a lot of lights and quite every street has their own style. I was amazed at all this varieties. The best thing to do here is to follow the lamps.;)

Atmosphere of Soviet Union

You can still feel the atmosphere of Soviet Union. This is why I love going to East Europe. As I am young and don't remember "these" times in my country it is a good lesson of history. However, a lot has changed for the better but the tank still want to shoot at Poland...

Fish and beer

When you drink a beer in Belarus you probably get a dry fish that is said to be better than crips, pop-corn or whatever. Don't try to eat it unless somebody will show you. This is a hard trick!

• Intro Updated Jan 7, 2006

• Sep 7, 2010 at 2:57 AM

very interesting city with architecture, street lights and girls :-)) I hope to visit the city one day...

• BillNJ's Profile Photo
    Nov 29, 2009 at 7:04 PM

Great page! I did not know anything about the city of Hrodna - it looks like an interesting place to visit. I think it's great that they give you a dry fish when you buy a beer. Cheers, Bill

• evaanna's Profile Photo
    Aug 20, 2009 at 9:22 AM

I can't say I enjoy the Soviet architecture but the churches there look great. We saw the Neman river only last week on our trip to Lithuania.

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Oct 24, 2006 at 6:06 PM

Very interesting photos - what a mix of ugly Soviet architecture and colorful churches! Haha, I like your tip "What you won't find in your guidebook" - especially the last hidden picture there. Good to see Orzeszkowa house!

• Propermark's Profile Photo
    Jul 21, 2006 at 6:47 AM

Interesting page! I'd like to visit Belarus. Have a nice weekend. Bye.

• Feb 18, 2006 at 5:11 AM

City of street lights!!Cooool:)) That kitchen also rocks hahha..Great tips.

• Mikebond's Profile Photo
    Jan 4, 2006 at 7:26 AM

Dobrze! £adni zdjêcii!

• mikelisaanna's Profile Photo
    Nov 19, 2005 at 5:32 AM

Looks like it was a good mix of sightseeing and partying! Thanks for the photos.

• Gosia78's Profile Photo
    Nov 13, 2005 at 10:42 AM

Beautiful pictures! Seems you had great time there :-)

ZiOOlek

“*When a human dies there is nothing left after that except for good done to others*”

Badges & Stats in Hrodna