Moldova Things to Do Tips by ZiOOlek Top 5 Page for this destination
Moldova Things to Do: 28 reviews and 55 photos
Tiraspol derives from a Greek word “the town on the Nistru”. Tiraspol appeared on Moldova’s map in 1792 during the Russian and Turkish battle near Bender Fortress. In just a few months, a fortress with 3 towers was constructed to strengthen the positions of the Russian Army lead by Alexander Suvorov.
Tiraspol is a Green Town with a beautiful leisure zone on the banks of the Nistru. It is a capital of self-declared republic - Transdniestria and second largest city in Moldova.c*
The Capital of Moldova, Chisinau, called the city “made from white-stone, washed by green seas”, is situated in a beautiful valley of the river Bac. The first record of the settlement dates from 1436. The population of Chisinau is more than 750 thousands.
Stefan cel Mare Boulevard is the street, where the most important national administrative establishments are located (Presidency of RM, the Parliament of RM, the Government of RM, Municipal City Administration, etc.), and Cultural centres (National theatre “M. Eminescu”, Organ Hall, Theatre of Opera and Ballet, cinema “Patria”, etc.) On national holidays and on the City’s Day in the biggest square “Piata Marii Adunari Nationale” a series of manifestations and cultural mass manifestations are organised. The old City is situated in a historical zone, where more than 700 houses from XIX c. have been preserved, arranged on the principle of closed housing estates, 18 old churches, including the “Cathedral”, modern governmental and public establishments, important theatres, museums with original collections, big parks, and monuments. The old City is also the location for many embassies and different foreign representative offices in Moldova.
More Reviews (10)
ZiOOlek's Related Pages
Moldova Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A long weekend to Moldova"
- "Moldova - The most Fascinated country!!!"
- "Moldova - the most forgotten European country"
- "Welcome to Moldova!!!"
- "I heard that Moldova had the most beautiful women."
- "Moldova - during national holidays"
- "Got Wine?"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Moldova
- Hotels in Moldova
- Transportation in Moldova
- Nightlife in Moldova
- Restaurants in Moldova
- Shopping in Moldova
- Warnings and Dangers in Moldova
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Moldova
- 85 Reviews
- 200 Photos
- 6 Forum posts
- 4 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Moldova?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Moldova
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Katowice Intro, 88 reviews, 256 photos, 5 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 56 reviews, 203 photos, 5 travelogues
- Warsaw Intro, 71 reviews, 187 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brussels Intro, 48 reviews, 141 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sucha Beskidzka Intro, 44 reviews, 109 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lviv Intro, 44 reviews, 104 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chisinau Intro, 30 reviews, 78 photos
- Prague Intro, 23 reviews, 77 photos, 2 travelogues
- Wroclaw Intro, 25 reviews, 68 photos, 1 travelogue
- Inowroclaw Intro, 19 reviews, 73 photos, 2 travelogues