"This is my world!" ZiOOlek's Profile

You are all welcome!

Thank you for visiting my travel page. I hope that you will find some helpful tips about places you are interested in. I am going to built a page about Poland, my country, soon. Remember, that you are always welcome to my country.:)

Here are my pages about places in Poland: Bydgoszcz, Chorzow, Inowroclaw, Jordanow, Katowice, Krakow, Leba, Makow Podhalanski, Nowy Targ, Niechorze, Piotrkow Trybunalski, Pobierowo, Pszczyna, Pultusk, Pustkowo, Rewal, Sleszowice, Serock, Sucha Beskidzka, Szczecin, Trzesacz, Warsaw and Wroclaw.

I love travelling both, in Poland and abroad. I try not to be only a tourist - don't plan my trips till the end or try to find solutions that are not typical for the majority. I have no wallpapers in my room. There are only maps. When I wake up, eat lunch, walk or fall asleep I always think about travelling. This is probably the only habit I have.:)

I will appreciate any comments, emails or whatever.

My most recent trips:

2004
February -> Germany (Berlin, Potsdam);
June - August -> Czech Republic (Prague, Kutna Hora, Liberec);
August - October -> Australia (Canberra, Sydney, Batamans Bay, Yass);
October -> Hong Kong, Macau;
December -> USA (New York City, Buffalo, Niagara Falls, Rochester, Easton, Fairfield);

2005
January -> USA (as above);
February -> Ireland (Dublin), United Kingdom (London, Birmingham, Greenwich);
May -> Belarus (Hrodna);
July - August -> Czech Republic (Prague, Kutna Hora);
November -> Ukraine (Lviv);
December -> Moldova (Chisinau, Tiraspol, Butuceni, Orhei Vechi, Trebujeni, Ivancea);
2006
February -> Belgium (Brussels)
June - August -> Czech Republic (Prague)
September -> Ireland (Dublin, Cork, Malahide), Belgium (Brussels, Antwerp)

2007
March -> USA (New York State: New York City; Connecticut: Fairfield, Milford, Stratford, Westport)
July - August -> Greece: Athens, Santorini Island - Oia, Fira, Perissa, Perivolos, Imerovigili, Kamari, Finikia
September - Czech Republic (Prague)
2008
January - Sweden (Stockholm)
June - Italy (Rome); Vatican City
December - Czech Republic (Prague)
2009
January - Czech Republic (Prague)
March - Belgium (Brussels, Brugge, Leuven)
April - France (Paris, Lyon)
October - Portugal (Porto, Braga, Guimaraes, Vila Nova de Gaia, Aveiro), Spain (Madrid)
2010
February - Ukraine (Lviv)
May/June - Romania (Bucharest, Constanta, Mamaia, Sibiu, Cisnadioara, Paltinis, Cisnadie, Cristian)
July - Czech Republic ((Prague)
November - Spain (Madrid), Italy (Rome), Vatican City, Marocco (Marrakesh, Atlas Mountains)

My most recent trips:

2011
January - Germany (Berlin)
February - the Netherlands (Eindhoven), Belgium (Brussels)
April - Lithuania (Vilnius)
August/September - Ukraine (Odessa, Simferopol, Bakhchysaray, Simeiz, Alupka, Koreiz, Livadia, Yalta, Massandra, Hurzuf)
December - Italy (Milan)
2012
April/May - France (Paris, Toulouse, Carcassone, Versailles, Roissy-en-France, Marne-La-Vallee)
June - Russia (Saint Petersburg)
November - Germany (Dusseldorf, Weeze, Kevelaer), Marocco (Agadir, Inezgane, Tafraout, Tiznit, Essaouira)
December - Sweden (Malmo), Denmark (Copenhagen)
2013
January - Belgium (Brussels, Gent), Sweden (Stockholm, Nykoping)
April - Qatar (Doha), Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur, Batu Caves), Thailand (Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Phuket, Koh Samui, Ayuthaya, Ang Thong, Nonthaburi, Surat Thani, Ban Bon Doi Suthep)
June - Belgium (Brussels, Mechelen, Charleroi)
August/September - Germany (Berlin)
October - Great Britain (London, Oxford)
November - Italy (Bergamo), Malta (Valletta, San Giljan, Sliema, Naxxar, Mdina, Rabat, Paola, Island of Gozo)
December - Great Britain (Liverpool), Germany (Munich)

Countries I have visited more than once:
* Austria

* Lviv
* New York City
* Prague

Do you know that...?

November 11, the day of my first visit to VT, is one of two main national holidays of Poland? This is the day of the anniversary of the restoration of independence of Poland in 1918. Ceremonies, marches, concerts and other festivities take place every year on that day.

The second national holiday is the anniversary of the passing of Poland's first Constitution on 3 May 1791.

I come back quite often to visit my family town - Sucha Beskidzka and other neighbouring towns where my relatives live - Makow Podhalanski, and Jordanow.

• Intro Updated Dec 11, 2013

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
ZiOOlek's Profile Photo

ZiOOlek

“*When a human dies there is nothing left after that except for good done to others*”

Real Name