"Vancouver, my current home" Top 5 Page for this destination Vancouver by spitball

Vancouver Travel Guide: 4,004 reviews and 8,460 photos

Check out "the Royal William" in my Travelogues

I will Slowly be fixing up my pages again, as I left VT to work on other things.
I'm chugging away. What with camera and computer melt-downs and other interferences, I think the band-aids may just adhere now.

In the days gone bye bye

With Vancouver continuing to grow and change, with more and more people moving out here, because of the climate, the area, mountains and sea at your doorstep, how great is that? Well, a little too great perhaps. Because ever since 1986, when we had Expo '86, people have been flocking here in droves. My take on that was because expo invited the 'world'! and people came here, looked around, thought {this is nice} and decided to move here.

I can't say that I blame them at all, don't get me wrong. This city is deservedly classed as one of the top places to live in North America I believe. It's a healthy city, lots of parks, with plenty of outdoor activities, you'll see cyclists, joggers, people out walking their animals, it only takes you a few minutes to get to the ocean, and to reach the mountains; just a few more. Public transit needs a big upgrade as far as planning is concerned, but at present time, it will have to do. 2010 we've got the olympics arriving, as we won the bid for that.
Back in '86, expo happened and alot of long time residents were kicked out of homes they had lived for years! That mostly happened over in the downtown east side area of the city. It was sad, and here where these poor displaced souls suddenly cast out onto the streets, just because some developers wanted to "clean-up" a little. I sure hope we don't have a repeat of that sad history. So, if you visit Vancouver, good on ya, you are very welcome here. And hopefully, if you do buy a condo or older home, there won't be that kind of history waiting for you.

I love dancing, and turns out soooo popular that even beautiful famous dead people want to be my partner, (what can I say) Some even enjoy having their photo taken with me. Little Ava here, agreed to a dance with me. Eat yer hearts out people.

• Pros:Beautiful City Surrounded by Mountains and Sea
  • Cons:It's very green here because it rains
  • In a nutshell:Green and Wet, wouldn't have it any other way.
  • Intro Updated Oct 22, 2006

• malianrob's Profile Photo
    Aug 26, 2008 at 8:04 PM

I loved Vancouver. The people were very friendly. I have been here twice and I cant wait to visit again. :)

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Apr 5, 2007 at 9:42 AM

Great page!! Love the photo's and tips...excellent! I remember when my Kodak crapped out, so I bought a cheaper Olympus. I hated it. So I got my old camera fixed. I love having it back! Happy Trails!! Hugs!!

• Mikebb's Profile Photo
    Feb 7, 2007 at 4:34 PM

Hi Randall, enjoyed your pages, the tips will be very handy on our 7 day stay this July, looks very different from where I come from downunder.

• KiKitC's Profile Photo
    Dec 13, 2006 at 3:51 AM

Wow, great tour of Vancouver! Know the cheapest drink and best pizza, and it's a great party! Cheers.

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Nov 18, 2006 at 2:55 PM

Vancouver must be a great place to live! (On my Amsterdam page I have a tip called "Don't try this at home!" about people talking on their cell phones while cycling.)

• BlaTboy's Profile Photo
    Nov 6, 2006 at 6:25 PM

Not Mac Blo, more like Weyerhauser (or however ya spell it) The trees are getting fewer for sure. Almost heart breakin to drive up to Cowichan Lake, where they are just falling everything in sight. Cheers B-out

• youngpup's Profile Photo
    Oct 13, 2006 at 11:13 AM

I've had pizza from the Flying Wedge in Brooksbank location on the north shore, and I agree, it is very good.

• aussirose's Profile Photo
    Oct 12, 2006 at 6:11 AM

I love Vancouver....and havn't even been there!! Your pages only make me jealous to want to visit!! ....Hopefully one day!! :o) Cheers, Ann.

• irishgalmtl's Profile Photo
    Oct 3, 2006 at 9:43 PM

Hey there R@nd, Can you send me up a slice of that pizza It looks great..Donna:o)

• Tugboatguy's Profile Photo
    Oct 1, 2006 at 3:12 AM

Hi R@and, Thank you 4 your tip ratings-my Santa Paula pages-want more airplanes?-see my external site 4 warbirds, biplanes, articles, antiques, classics & more. (ps-I think your good retread is holding air-LOL) Doug

spitball Lives Here!

spitball

“Canst Thou Not See It My Liege ?, Tis But Three Blocks North Of The Delicatessen ;)”

Badges & Stats in Vancouver

Have you been to Vancouver?

Latest Activity in Vancouver