"Chiang Mai also under re-construction" Top 5 Page for this destination Northern Thailand by spitball

Northern Thailand Travel Guide: 3,273 reviews and 8,923 photos

Northern Hill-tribe People

As I've mentioned in my introduction, I was already on VT for well over a year, things happened, I left and that was after a very full year of adding daily tips etc. So, now that I'm back, it's going to be a long slow process. Long because I've got other work to get done, but I'll put in my time here, wish me luck
This image was taken on the way up to Wat Phra That Doi Suthep, a beautiful Wat on top of a local mountain. These are hill tribe children coming out to be photographed for baht (local currency) their elaborate clothing is almost enough for the photo, and down in the city of Chiang Mai (Thailands second largest) you will find these people selling their wares on the streets and in restaurants and other places.

When you do make it up to Chiang Mai, and I think everyone should, in this life-time. First take one of those tours to Wat Phra That Doi Suthep, they take you into a hill-tribe village and allow you to photograph the people and also here you can purchase their handicrafts. Bring your sunglasses if the sun is shining (there's a good chance you will be blinded by the reflections off all the gold up there). The second time you go, if you decide once was not enough! You can hire a Songthao (pick-up truck with cover) to take you, or hire a motorbike, but get yourself a good map which they sell in Chiang Mai. The price is very resonable.

There are many Wats (or temples) in the city of Chiang Mai, and also the entire country of Thailand, that if your purpose is to make photograph's of these beautiful and very interesting structures, you won't be disapointed, there is always alot of detail to keep your interest.

• Pros:Loved everything about Chiang Mai
  • Cons:Leaving, Leaving, Leaving.......etc..
  • In a nutshell:You will return, no doubt
  • Intro Updated Nov 26, 2006

• cuppadamoksha's Profile Photo
    Jan 1, 2008 at 9:20 PM

Thanks Randall, Awesome pics btw.. makes me wanna plan a trip to Thailand asap :)

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Oct 15, 2006 at 7:36 PM

Wow, what beautiful photos! I like the way you travel.

• youngpup's Profile Photo
    Oct 13, 2006 at 11:56 AM

Fantastic photograph's! and, I agree with you about showing respect for the people there. We should all learn to do that wherever we are anyway.

• iwys's Profile Photo
    May 1, 2006 at 9:10 AM

What beautiful photos: such rich colours.

• Martman's Profile Photo
    Apr 12, 2006 at 9:24 PM

Spectacular Pictures. Thanks!

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Apr 12, 2006 at 4:18 AM

The images there are absolutely stunning. I would bring my picture camera and my digital and make good use of both.

• Apr 10, 2006 at 4:47 AM

Informative pictures. Impressive page. Would like to go here one day.....

• Mar 6, 2006 at 9:35 AM

'just thanking you R@nd for dropping by my Home Page. I enjoyed your Thailand page!

• ScubaCat's Profile Photo
    Mar 1, 2006 at 3:54 PM

Oh Wow! You have captured another side of Thialand that I never knew. Look forward to viewing your other pics! Hopefully one day I'll get to visit there as well.

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Jan 24, 2006 at 2:45 PM

What lovely people and country! Thanks for sharing!

spitball

“Canst Thou Not See It My Liege ?, Tis But Three Blocks North Of The Delicatessen ;)”

Badges & Stats in Northern Thailand

Have you been to Northern Thailand?