"British Columbia and it's jewels" Province of British Columbia by spitball
Province of British Columbia Travel Guide: 8,676 reviews and 19,645 photos
BC has a coastline of 7,022 km and an area of approximately 952,263 sq. km. It is Canada's third largest province, occupying almost ten percent of its land surface.
BC is nearly four times the size of Great Britain, 2.5 times larger than Japan, and larger than all the U.S. states except Alaska. The land is exceptionally rich with two million hectares of water resources. The City of Penticton is located in BC's south centre region, collectively known as the Okanagan Valley or simply the Okanagan. It is renowned the world over as one of the most pleasant areas in Canada in which to live. The valley is the northern extension of the Columbia River basin, and forms a high temparate desert area in Canada.
From the Town of Osoyoos at the United States border to Salmon Arm at the northern extreme, the Valley stretches over 200 km, yet averages only 10km wide for most of that distance. Most of the South Okanagan area falls within the jurisdiction of the Regional District of Okanagan Similkameen (RDOS), which includes the City of Penticton.
It is estimated there are now over a quarter of a million people living in the Okanagan. The area has become a prime residential destination for small business and investment opportunities in a location that is second to none.
Penticton is located at latitude 49 degrees, 28'; longitude 119 degrees, 36'. the city's area is 4,447 hectares (about 17.5 square miles). The elevation at the Penticton Regional Airport is 344.4 meters (1,130 ft.) above sea level.
Okanagan Lake is one of British Columbia's best known and largest warm water lakes. The lake is over 120 km long and connects the three major urban centres of Vernon, Kelowna and Penticton. Okanagan Lake has also gained an international reputation as the home of the famous lake monster Ogopogo. Skaha Lake, located at Penticton's south end is over 24 km long and also offers warm waters to enjoy. Many relax by floating down the 6 km long river channel that connects Okanagan Lake to Skaha Lake. I personally can't tell you what that feels like, because I never got around (in all my years of being up there) to doing the float. But it's always been popular.
- Pros:BC is a beautiful Province filled with natural resources
- Cons:Heavy abuse as far as logging/mining/fishing etc...
- In a nutshell:My home, and I love it
spitball's Related Pages
Province of British Columbia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "OUR TOUR OF BRITISH COLUMBIA BY HIRE CAR"
- "BRITISH COLUMBIA*****WOW"
- "Beautiful British Columbia!"
- "Due West"
- "CANADIAN BEAUTY"
- "British Columbia"
- "B.C.'s Beautiful, eh?"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Province of British Columbia
- Hotels in Province of British Columbia
- Transportation in Province of British Columbia
- Nightlife in Province of British Columbia
- Restaurants in Province of British Columbia
- Shopping in Province of British Columbia
- Warnings and Dangers in Province of British Columbia
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Province of British Columbia
- 85 Reviews
- 333 Photos
- 11 Forum posts
- 12 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Province of British Columbia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Province of British Columbia
Photos in Province of British ColumbiaSee All Photos (333)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vancouver Intro, 46 reviews, 143 photos, 4 travelogues
- Victoria Intro, 21 reviews, 118 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kauai Intro, 16 reviews, 59 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Vancouver Intro, 8 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Honolulu Intro, 8 reviews, 22 photos
- Mexico City Intro, 2 reviews, 18 photos, 2 travelogues
- Canada Intro, 4 reviews, 13 photos
- Guanajuato Intro, 4 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Northern Thailand Intro, 3 reviews, 10 photos
- Vancouver Island Intro, 2 reviews, 10 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (27)
Top Province of British Columbia hotels
- Vancouver Hotels
- 3950 Reviews - 8214 Photos
- Victoria Hotels
- 1620 Reviews - 3357 Photos
- Kelowna Hotels
- 86 Reviews - 187 Photos
- Penticton Hotels
- 31 Reviews - 37 Photos
- Kalamalka Lake Hotels
- See nearby hotels
- Kamloops Hotels
- 43 Reviews - 77 Photos
- Whistler Hotels
- 283 Reviews - 632 Photos
- Tofino Hotels
- 171 Reviews - 381 Photos
- Fairmont Hot Springs Hotels
- 9 Reviews - 35 Photos
- Revelstoke Hotels
- 40 Reviews - 81 Photos
- Vernon Hotels
- 7 Reviews - 2 Photos
- Squamish Hotels
- 42 Reviews - 102 Photos
- Prince George Hotels
- 21 Reviews - 60 Photos
- Ucluelet Hotels
- 26 Reviews - 42 Photos
- Osoyoos Hotels
- 35 Reviews - 64 Photos