"Lelepa island" Lelepa Island by Peri25

Lelepa Island Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 18 photos

Lelepa- my favourite Island!

Lelepa is just off Efate, and it is a medium sized island with gorgeous white sandy beaches and great snorkelling. The only way to get there is by a day tour run by the Lelepa locals. Costs around $90 (7200VT) but it includes, transfers, food, snorkelling gear, boat rides, refreshments, everything. It is well worth it and it is from 8.30-5pm so you have the whole day there basically!
I knew about it because I read CandS' page here before I left, otherwise you don't really hear much about the tour, but our tour was great, there were 8 other people there and it was definitely my favourite place in Vanuatu!
It was the island used in Survivor Vanuatu and just accross from it on Efate you can see the tribal council!!

• Pros:Beautiful beaches and waters
  • Cons:A bit hard to get to, but well worth it!
  • Last visit to Lelepa Island: Nov 2005
  • Intro Updated Nov 29, 2005

• Feb 14, 2006 at 1:14 AM

Excellent caves aren't they. There's also some great ones at Sirivi that not many tourists visit. There's a couple of local tour companies that you can contact that can take you there.

• CandS's Profile Photo
    Dec 2, 2005 at 1:23 PM

Nice page! :) Awwww...I loved it there! I want to go back for another visit... I'm glad that my page came in useful and that it helped you decide to go there! :)

Badges & Stats in Lelepa Island

Have you been to Lelepa Island?

Latest Activity in Lelepa Island