"Welcome To Historic Cavite!" Province of Cavite by nimato
Province of Cavite Travel Guide: 335 reviews and 1,318 photos
For many, Cavite is just another bustling province south of Manila. Perhaps they knew a few attractions like Caylabne Resort, Island Cove Resort and the Aguinaldo Shrine in Kawit, where Caviteno General Emilio Aguinaldo declared Philippine independence on June 12, 1898 - creating the first republic in Asia. Little did they know that two of the country's best attractions are politically under the supervision of the province - Tagaytay and Corregidor.
I was born in Manila and spent most of my childhood days in Quezon City. We moved to Cavite when I was twelve and has since then resided here up to the present.
Cavite is directly south of Metro Manila, about an hour drive from Manila City proper. A former agricultural territory, the province is now bustling with industries. Some of the largest manufacturing companies like Intel and San Miguel operate their massive and state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities here. There are a few interesting spots in Cavite: Tagaytay City, The Aguinaldo Shrine in Kawit, The Christmas town of Imus, beach resorts in Ternate and Corregidor Island.
Corregidor alone is enough reason for Cavite's claim for historical importance. Corregidor is a strategically positioned island at the mouth of Manila Bay. The bastion of Manila's dramatic defense during the last world war, Corregidor is now a peace and historical icon. Kawit is another. It was in this town where General Aguinaldo proclaimed Asia's first ever republic in 1898.
WELCOME TO MY HOME PROVINCE OF CAVITE!
- Pros:Very near Metro Manila
Dampa-style restaurants are fast becoming popular among locals. Dampa is a food place wherein a wet market is surrounded... more travel advice
nimato's Related Pages
Province of Cavite Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome To Historic Cavite!"
- "Caylabne Bay Resort"
- "A historical and Leisure Site"
- "Pico De Loro, Maragondon, Cavite, Philippines"
- "Island Cove"
- "Celebrating my 22nd Birthday"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Province of Cavite
- Hotels in Province of Cavite
- Transportation in Province of Cavite
- Nightlife in Province of Cavite
- Restaurants in Province of Cavite
- Shopping in Province of Cavite
- Warnings and Dangers in Province of Cavite
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Province of Cavite
- 34 Reviews
- 97 Photos
- 8 Forum posts
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Province of Cavite?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Province of Cavite
Photos in Province of CaviteSee All Photos (97)
Top 10 Pages
- Corregidor Island Intro, 25 reviews, 79 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sagada Intro, 23 reviews, 51 photos, 2 travelogues
- Manila Intro, 20 reviews, 46 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tagaytay Intro, 20 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Province of Bohol Intro, 17 reviews, 39 photos
- Boracay Island Intro, 16 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Philippines Intro, 19 reviews, 16 photos
- Cebu City Intro, 10 reviews, 19 photos
- Banaue Intro, 12 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Province of Cavite Intro, 8 reviews, 16 photos