"Mabuhay Boracay!" Boracay Island by nimato

Boracay Island Travel Guide: 1,639 reviews and 4,781 photos

White Beach And The Thorny Orange Starfish

Never have I seen white sands so powdery fine as these at Boracay's White Beach. I couldn't believe my eyes and my hands, one in confirmation. Indeed, TO SEE (AND TO FEEL) IS TO BELIEVE!

As I was walking along lovely White Beach shortly before dawn, I saw this thorny orange starfish and took a photo of it. Suddenly it moved - the thing was alive! I took some more shots. Then held it. Smelled it. Amazing. Hate me not for this was the first time I ever saw, touched and smelled a live starfish!

W o r l d ' s B e s t B e a c h

Boracay, consistently rated as one of the best beaches in the world, is a tropical island paradise a little short of perfect. Inspite of the crowd and developments going-on, its natural beauty remained nonetheless alluring. Refreshing crystal-clear turqoise-blue waters, splendid scenery and pristine white powdery sands surround almost the entire island. Though White Beach is more prominent due to its (close to) four-kilometer stretch of talcum-fine white sand on the western side of the island, tranquil Puka Beach on the northern tip is no pushover. I loved its seclusion.

• Pros:World's finest white sand; water sports / activities; party place
  • Cons:Signs of pollution due to overcrowding
  • In a nutshell:WOW! WOW! WOW!
  • Last visit to Boracay Island: May 2006
  • Intro Updated Jul 28, 2007

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Feb 10, 2009 at 9:49 PM

I feel so bad I have not yet been to Boracay and I've been to so many other places...but nice to see your pics and I see the beach is just gorgeous...Norman :) P.S. Your dragon looks great!

• moonlighting's Profile Photo
    Apr 23, 2008 at 9:47 PM

Looks like you love the beach so much... are you into scuba diving also?

• xuessium's Profile Photo
    Jun 16, 2007 at 8:40 AM

Always heard that Boracay is a beautiful place....some day perhaps!

• hivaoa1's Profile Photo
    Mar 13, 2007 at 7:18 AM

hello! I want to come back to your beautiful country and explore more and more, including borocay! Greetings from Italy.. i'm seriously in love with your country ^__^

• Rastarigo's Profile Photo
    Oct 25, 2006 at 8:11 AM

with u posting that cocomangas pic, you must have tried their 15 shots and still standing i bet... he he

• Oct 15, 2006 at 10:39 AM

lovely page! Nikos

nimato

“Travel light! =)”

Badges & Stats in Boracay Island

Have you been to Boracay Island?

Latest Activity in Boracay Island