"Mabuhay Boracay!" Boracay Island by nimato
Boracay Island Travel Guide: 1,674 reviews and 4,887 photos
Never have I seen white sands so powdery fine as these at Boracay's White Beach. I couldn't believe my eyes and my hands, one in confirmation. Indeed, TO SEE (AND TO FEEL) IS TO BELIEVE!
As I was walking along lovely White Beach shortly before dawn, I saw this thorny orange starfish and took a photo of it. Suddenly it moved - the thing was alive! I took some more shots. Then held it. Smelled it. Amazing. Hate me not for this was the first time I ever saw, touched and smelled a live starfish!
Boracay, consistently rated as one of the best beaches in the world, is a tropical island paradise a little short of perfect. Inspite of the crowd and developments going-on, its natural beauty remained nonetheless alluring. Refreshing crystal-clear turqoise-blue waters, splendid scenery and pristine white powdery sands surround almost the entire island. Though White Beach is more prominent due to its (close to) four-kilometer stretch of talcum-fine white sand on the western side of the island, tranquil Puka Beach on the northern tip is no pushover. I loved its seclusion.
- Pros:World's finest white sand; water sports / activities; party place
- Cons:Signs of pollution due to overcrowding
- In a nutshell:WOW! WOW! WOW!
White Beach is a beautiful stretch of truly very fine white sand (talcum-like) on the west coast of the island. Along... more travel advice
No, we didn't try the 15 shooters. Not because we can't beat the challenge - we're already 'high' when we hopped to... more travel advice
nimato's Related Pages
Boracay Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Island Life"
- "Mabuhay, Welcome to Boracay!"
- "Yielding To The Call Of The Islands"
- "Boracay Barefootin'"
- "Rediscovering Boracay"
- "Paradise in my backyard"
- "yes, it really looks like this!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Boracay Island
- Hotels in Boracay Island
- Transportation in Boracay Island
- Nightlife in Boracay Island
- Restaurants in Boracay Island
- Shopping in Boracay Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Boracay Island
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Boracay Island
- 16 Reviews
- 33 Photos
- 17 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Boracay Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Boracay Island
Top 10 Pages
- Corregidor Island Intro, 25 reviews, 79 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sagada Intro, 23 reviews, 51 photos, 2 travelogues
- Manila Intro, 20 reviews, 46 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tagaytay Intro, 20 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Province of Bohol Intro, 17 reviews, 39 photos
- Boracay Island Intro, 16 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Philippines Intro, 19 reviews, 16 photos
- Cebu City Intro, 10 reviews, 19 photos
- Banaue Intro, 12 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Province of Cavite Intro, 8 reviews, 16 photos