"Dine, Stay, Play and Pray" Top 5 Page for this destination Tagaytay by nimato

Tagaytay Travel Guide: 258 reviews and 846 photos

Tagaytay

My first glimpse of this beautiful horizon was when I was about eleven. I represented my school in a boy scout meet held in this city. The unforgettable image above was tattooed in my mind ever since.

My Favorite Weekend Getaway

Tagaytay City (2002 Population: 45,000), sitting on a 2000-feet volcanic ridge (caldera) within the border of Cavite province, offers spectacular views of the beautiful Taal Lake and Taal Volcano (main photo, above). Top it up with a laidback atmosphere and cool climate, the city is very ideal for picnics, recreations, conferences, honeymoons, country homes, and spiritual retreats. True enough, many people, local and foreign, find peace and solace in the city -- that is if the volcano's not in a bad mood! ;D [Note: Taal Volcano is one of a few dozen active volcanoes in the Philippines]

On weekends, whether with friends or family, Tagaytay is the place to go for bonding. The city is midway between my home (Tanza, Cavite) and my workplace (Sta. Rosa, Laguna), approximately 45 minutes drive, each way. And whether the purpose is food or coffee trip or to picnic or to buy fresh produce, volcano and lake-gazing will always be part of it. In between, we can't stop praising the beautiful scenery over and over again, just like the first time we've seen it.

• Pros:classic view of Taal Lake & Volcano; cool weather; fresh air; relaxed atmosphere
  • In a nutshell:Beautiful place!
  • Last visit to Tagaytay: Aug 2007
  • Intro Updated Jul 5, 2008

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Jun 29, 2009 at 11:26 PM

so refreshing to see picture of picnic grove...hope you keep on making these nice tips. Cheers, Norman :)

• Dec 2, 2008 at 10:08 PM

A friend recently got married here. Good shot! May I publish this in a mag for foreigners to ge given for free? Thanks

• goutammitra's Profile Photo
    Jul 9, 2008 at 9:10 AM

Excellent weekend destination. Now I know why my Pioy friends like this place! Good job pal!

• lekimumu's Profile Photo
    Jun 22, 2008 at 7:48 PM

Ooh, I didn't know there's paintball here in picnic grove. :) Will definitely check it out soon.

• evos21's Profile Photo
    May 14, 2008 at 10:08 PM

where is the Perfect View Restaurant located?

• victorwkf's Profile Photo
    Dec 9, 2006 at 5:25 PM

Great page on tagaytay, this is a nice place which i enjoyed but did not manage to visit people's park :) Thanks for visiting my talisay page & merry christmas!

• ukirsari's Profile Photo
    Nov 18, 2006 at 5:33 AM

maraming salamat to visit my vigan page :) ako babalik there someday! ingat!

nimato Visits Here Frequently!

nimato

“Travel light! =)”

Badges & Stats in Tagaytay

Have you been to Tagaytay?

Latest Activity in Tagaytay