"Dine, Stay, Play and Pray" Top 5 Page for this destination Tagaytay by nimato
Tagaytay Travel Guide: 258 reviews and 846 photos
My first glimpse of this beautiful horizon was when I was about eleven. I represented my school in a boy scout meet held in this city. The unforgettable image above was tattooed in my mind ever since.
Tagaytay City (2002 Population: 45,000), sitting on a 2000-feet volcanic ridge (caldera) within the border of Cavite province, offers spectacular views of the beautiful Taal Lake and Taal Volcano (main photo, above). Top it up with a laidback atmosphere and cool climate, the city is very ideal for picnics, recreations, conferences, honeymoons, country homes, and spiritual retreats. True enough, many people, local and foreign, find peace and solace in the city -- that is if the volcano's not in a bad mood! ;D [Note: Taal Volcano is one of a few dozen active volcanoes in the Philippines]
On weekends, whether with friends or family, Tagaytay is the place to go for bonding. The city is midway between my home (Tanza, Cavite) and my workplace (Sta. Rosa, Laguna), approximately 45 minutes drive, each way. And whether the purpose is food or coffee trip or to picnic or to buy fresh produce, volcano and lake-gazing will always be part of it. In between, we can't stop praising the beautiful scenery over and over again, just like the first time we've seen it.
- Pros:classic view of Taal Lake & Volcano; cool weather; fresh air; relaxed atmosphere
- In a nutshell:Beautiful place!
Affordable and basic, the Zipline and Cable Car is actually inside the Picnic Grove compound [see previous tips on how... more travel advice
A beautiful fantasy-like castle prominently figures along the road at Lemery, Batangas, about 45 minutes from Tagaytay... more travel advice
Written Apr 1, 2008
Images of Tagaytay
Written Jul 17, 2008
More images of the beautiful Taal Lake
nimato's Related Pages
Tagaytay Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Highlands and the Lowlands"
- "Dine, Stay, Play and Pray"
- "Tagaytay - Lovely Place on a Volcano"
- "Tagaytay City - The City of Smiles"
- "Philippines : what a beautiful place"
- "Tagaytay - A Little Town South of Manila"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tagaytay
- Hotels in Tagaytay
- Transportation in Tagaytay
- Nightlife in Tagaytay
- Restaurants in Tagaytay
- Shopping in Tagaytay
- Warnings and Dangers in Tagaytay
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tagaytay
- 20 Reviews
- 41 Photos
- 7 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Tagaytay?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tagaytay
Top 10 Pages
- Corregidor Island Intro, 25 reviews, 79 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sagada Intro, 23 reviews, 51 photos, 2 travelogues
- Manila Intro, 20 reviews, 46 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tagaytay Intro, 20 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Province of Bohol Intro, 17 reviews, 39 photos
- Boracay Island Intro, 16 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Philippines Intro, 19 reviews, 16 photos
- Cebu City Intro, 10 reviews, 19 photos
- Banaue Intro, 12 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Province of Cavite Intro, 8 reviews, 16 photos