"Dumaguete - City of Gentle People" Top 5 Page for this destination Dumaguete City by bike_packer
Dumaguete City Travel Guide: 217 reviews and 555 photos
When wondering why Dumaguete hosts a big number of universities in this side of the country, it must have been the gentle people of Dumaguete and the tranquility of this seaside city that topped it.
World-reknown and topping the list of hosted schools, Silliman University was established in Dumaguete in 1901 by Protestant missionaries from the USA. Starting as an elementary school, it soon rised to become a university in 1938. Eversince, students coming from all around the world have called Dumaguete their home while acquiring that coveted degree. Different races of the young generation walking by the city streets is a normal scene.
Located at the most southern tip of the Visayas, Dumaguete attracts a big number of students from northwest Mindanao as well.
Rizal Blvd stretching right by the seacoast is the converging place in the city for people of all walks of life. Either jogging or simply strolling in the early morning watching the sun rises in the sea horizon; or at sun down enjoying the sea breeze as the color of the sky changes to pale orange until the string of l ights lining the baywalk takes over.
Warm Sunrise slowly creeping in thru the acacia-lined Rizal Blvd. by the baywalk.
- In a nutshell:Educational Center in the South
The peaceful feeling of strolling by this wide boulevard along the seacoast and under the shade of century old acacia... more travel advice
Super Ferry and Negros Navigation are the 2 major passenger ferries servicing the Manila-Dumaguete route. Daily trips... more travel advice
bike_packer's Related Pages
Dumaguete City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Dumaguete - City of Gentle People"
- "Melting Pot"
- "Dumaguete, indeed the City of Gentle People"
- "Went for a few days and spent five months!"
- "Dumaguete City as a Hometown"
- "A Tribute to the City of Gentle People"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dumaguete City
- Hotels in Dumaguete City
- Transportation in Dumaguete City
- Nightlife in Dumaguete City
- Restaurants in Dumaguete City
- Shopping in Dumaguete City
- Warnings and Dangers in Dumaguete City
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Dumaguete City
- 17 Reviews
- 37 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (29)
Have you been to Dumaguete City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dumaguete City
Photos in Dumaguete CitySee All Photos (37)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Bohol Intro, 29 reviews, 60 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boracay Island Intro, 28 reviews, 48 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baguio Intro, 15 reviews, 61 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Cebu Intro, 19 reviews, 43 photos
- Province of Tawi-Tawi Intro, 14 reviews, 46 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zamboanga City Intro, 17 reviews, 41 photos, 1 travelogue
- Province of Marinduque Intro, 15 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Manila Intro, 9 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dumaguete City Intro, 17 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Claveria Intro, 15 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues