"Albay is Magayon" Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Albay by bike_packer
Province of Albay Travel Guide: 162 reviews and 585 photos
The family had the experience to fully appreciate the beauty of Mayon when we were invited by a family friend from Tabaco, Albay. Eventhough this was the 2nd time for the family to be in Albay, this is different w/ more action/activities having to stay in Albay this time for 4days/3nights. (We want to thank our hosts, Abet & Charit; and their children Janelle, Jedd and Jon-our kids playmates)
The name Mayon was derived from "Magayon", which means Beautiful in the local tongue.
The history of Albay evolves around the volcanic activity of Mayon considering that almost all the towns of Albay are within the foot of Mt. Mayon. Every town has its own share of view to this majestic towering beauty. And of course, has its own scary and life-threatening story brought about by the frequent rumblings and eruptions of Mayon.
A witness to the occasional rumbling of Mt. Mayon as it unleash its anger every now and then, the Cagsawa Ruins is what remained of a once lively town after a great eruption of which lava swept the whole town >> left standing alone was the church's Bell Tower. Looking around the place would give anyone the chilling feel of what could have happened on that dreadful eruption a century ago.
The way going up to the old hotel and monitoring station at the slope of Mayon Volcano. The recent eruption have visibly burned the uppermost vegetation.
- Pros:Anywhere in Albay is a glimpse of Mayon's Beauty.
- Cons:Take away those clouds, please!
- In a nutshell:"Magayon!"
Tiwi is not only famous as the host of one of the biggest geothermal plants in the country but also of its Halo-Halo.... more travel advice
The town of Tabaco in Albay got its name from the word "Tabak" which means machete in local dialect. The town indeed is... more travel advice
bike_packer's Related Pages
Province of Albay Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Byaheng Albay"
- "Albay is Magayon"
- "Majestic Mayon"
- "Albay is Mayon and Mayon is Albay"
- "everyOne is invited!!!!!"
- "Albay: Tour Around Mayon In One Day"
- "Place of Wonder!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Province of Albay
- Hotels in Province of Albay
- Transportation in Province of Albay
- Nightlife in Province of Albay
- Restaurants in Province of Albay
- Shopping in Province of Albay
- Warnings and Dangers in Province of Albay
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Province of Albay
- 8 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (29)
Have you been to Province of Albay?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Province of Albay
- Posted in Travel Vientiane Forum "Re: Udon Thani to Vientianne and..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "The Famous Tiwi Halo-Halo"
- Wrote a Review The Famous Tiwi Halo-Halo in Province of Albay Things to Do
- Commented on one of i-s-a's Province of Albay travel pages
- updated a Province of Albay Travel Page "Albay is Magayon"
Photos in Province of AlbaySee All Photos (26)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Bohol Intro, 29 reviews, 60 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boracay Island Intro, 28 reviews, 48 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baguio Intro, 15 reviews, 61 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Cebu Intro, 19 reviews, 43 photos
- Province of Tawi-Tawi Intro, 14 reviews, 46 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zamboanga City Intro, 17 reviews, 41 photos, 1 travelogue
- Province of Marinduque Intro, 15 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Manila Intro, 9 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dumaguete City Intro, 17 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Claveria Intro, 15 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues