"Butuan is Masao - Balanghay Seaport" Butuan City by bike_packer
Butuan City Travel Guide: 30 reviews and 87 photos
The oldest relic of a sea-navigating vessel found in the Philippines was unearthed in the Masao Delta (now present Butuan City). Carbon-dated to have been built in 320 AD, these vessels (9 boats found at present) were believed to have travelled as far as China in the olden ways of bartering goods.
- Pros:Well-maintained Museum
- In a nutshell:"Early Filipinos Were Great Seafarers"
You don't see empty taxis plying the streets of Butuan City. According to one driver, the rarity of taxi passengers made... more travel advice
Tricycles are everywhere in the Philippines but the ones in Butuan looks different from the coventional one. It can seat... more travel advice
bike_packer's Related Pages
Butuan City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Moving Around the City"
- "A Historic City"
- "Dotties Place"
- "Butuan is Masao - Balanghay Seaport"
- "Butuan: Capital City of Caraga Region"
- "Hello Travelors"
- "Butuan City Where I grow up"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Butuan City
- Hotels in Butuan City
- Transportation in Butuan City
- Nightlife in Butuan City
- Restaurants in Butuan City
- Shopping in Butuan City
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Butuan City
- 5 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (23)
Have you been to Butuan City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Butuan City
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Bohol Intro, 29 reviews, 60 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boracay Island Intro, 28 reviews, 48 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baguio Intro, 15 reviews, 61 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Cebu Intro, 19 reviews, 43 photos
- Province of Tawi-Tawi Intro, 14 reviews, 46 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zamboanga City Intro, 17 reviews, 41 photos, 1 travelogue
- Province of Marinduque Intro, 15 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Manila Intro, 9 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dumaguete City Intro, 17 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Claveria Intro, 15 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues