Province of Marinduque Transportation Tips by bike_packer
Province of Marinduque Transportation: 6 reviews and 6 photos
Jeepney is the major transport service in the Philippines and a 3-wheeled version of it is what I saw in Marinduque. Have seen the same models also in the islands of Mindoro and Palawan. This could seat 12 persons - just the right size as a mode of public transport in this part of the country.
This incredible invention shows the Filipino ingenuity in building things from what is there available. The inventor must have seen the simplicity of the steering mechanism of this as compared to the original 4-wheeled. The unit reminds me the car of Mr. Bean's nemesis.
Except for the daily flights and some small outrigger pumpboats from nearer islands, the Roll-on-Roll-off (Roro) ferries are the main transportation to the island carrying people and mostly all of the goods to/from the island. About making half a dozen daily trips, the ferries leave Dalahican Seaport in Lucena City and dock either at Balanacan Seaport in Mogpog or at Kawit Port in Boac. In addition, a daily passenger fastcraft that cuts travel time by half is a better option.
Travel time at approximately 4 hours. Bringing a car/van from mainland Luzon for a more convenient and optimal tour around the island is recommended. P1100 per vehicle one-way.
From Mindoro, the neighboring big island to the west of Marinduque, passenger pumpboats (outrigger type) service the route from Pinamalayan, Mindoro to Gasan, Marinduque.
With the size of the boat (see picture), the trip should be comfortable when the sea is calm which is most of the time, or otherwise.
Maximum Capacity of 30 passengers. Trip takes 3-4 hours.
More Reviews (12)
- See All Moriones Festival
- Bring your Car/Van
- See All Gently Stroking My Cock
- Scar on Mother Earth.
bike_packer's Related Pages
Province of Marinduque Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Marinduque is Moriones Island"
- "Marinduque: More than just Moriones"
- "my hometown"
- "In Marinduque"
- "Marinduque Island"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Province of Marinduque
- Hotels in Province of Marinduque
- Transportation in Province of Marinduque
- Nightlife in Province of Marinduque
- Restaurants in Province of Marinduque
- Shopping in Province of Marinduque
- Warnings and Dangers in Province of Marinduque
- See All...
Explore the World
- Steptoe Butte State Park Hotels
- Prospect Hotels
- Topeka Hotels
- Whale Island Hotels
- San Felice Circeo
Badges & Stats in Province of Marinduque
- 15 Reviews
- 43 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (23)
Have you been to Province of Marinduque?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Province of Marinduque
Photos in Province of MarinduqueSee All Photos (43)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Bohol Intro, 29 reviews, 60 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boracay Island Intro, 28 reviews, 48 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baguio Intro, 15 reviews, 61 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Cebu Intro, 19 reviews, 43 photos
- Province of Tawi-Tawi Intro, 14 reviews, 46 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zamboanga City Intro, 17 reviews, 41 photos, 1 travelogue
- Province of Marinduque Intro, 15 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Manila Intro, 9 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dumaguete City Intro, 17 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Claveria Intro, 15 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues