"Baguio in Bloom" Top 5 Page for this destination Baguio by bike_packer
Baguio Travel Guide: 329 reviews and 903 photos
Being a regular traveler to my hometown at the far north end of Luzon, my family have enjoyed the best times on our countless visits to Baguio City - either as a stopover for that long journey to the north on summers or on planned 2- or 3-night-stay vacations on the cold months of November to January.
Baguio City is where all the roads lead to when people from down Manila which is uncomfortably hot almost throughout the year want to relax and enjoy that cold comfortable weather up in this mountain city. Easily accessible by a 6-hour drive north from Manila, pine tree-covered Baguio on the top of the Cordilera Mountains is where big vacation houses of the upper and middle class from this side of the country are built - assuring an all year round share of the booming tourist industry. For visitors, many hotels and houses-for-rent are all over the place for that 2- or 3-night stay.
Never-to-miss when visiting the place is the multi-activity-to-offer Camp John Hay, the Philippine Military Academy, a night at Burnham Park and a tour of the flower and strawberry fields in neighboring La Trinidad.
A stay in Baguio with the kids wouldn't be complete without a whole day tour of the very spacious Camp John Hay offering varied fun activities for all ages - a real fun place for the whole family.
After a day of city-touring, a night stroll or a few minutes of boating at Burnham Park after dinner is very relaxing. Btw, Burnham Park has been recently installed with elegant park lights - adds more romantic ambiance on a cant-resist-to-hug cold cold night.
- Pros:Cold Weather
- Cons:Crowded when it's peak season.
- In a nutshell:"Blooming Flowers Everywhere"
Established by the Jesuits in 1907, the Our Lady of Lourdes Grotto is one of the more enduring tourist spots in Baguio... more travel advice
From outside the fence, it looks like a cemetery for pets, but upon a closer look on the epitaphs by the supposed tombs... more travel advice
bike_packer's Related Pages
Baguio Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "BAGUIO CITY OF PINE TREES"
- "Baguio in Bloom"
- "tHe SUMMER CAPITAL OF PHILLIPPINES"
- "The City of Pines & Salad Bowl of the Phils"
- "City of Pines"
- "Baguio - The Flower City of the North"
- "Baguio, Summer Capital of the Philippines!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Baguio
- Hotels in Baguio
- Transportation in Baguio
- Nightlife in Baguio
- Restaurants in Baguio
- Shopping in Baguio
- Warnings and Dangers in Baguio
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Baguio
- 15 Reviews
- 61 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (23)
Have you been to Baguio?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Baguio
Photos in BaguioSee All Photos (61)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Bohol Intro, 29 reviews, 60 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baguio Intro, 15 reviews, 61 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boracay Island Intro, 28 reviews, 48 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Cebu Intro, 19 reviews, 43 photos
- Province of Tawi-Tawi Intro, 14 reviews, 46 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zamboanga City Intro, 17 reviews, 41 photos, 1 travelogue
- Province of Marinduque Intro, 15 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Manila Intro, 9 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dumaguete City Intro, 17 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Claveria Intro, 15 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues