"Banaue - Comfortably Cold!" Top 5 Page for this destination Banaue by bike_packer

Banaue Travel Guide: 224 reviews and 617 photos

Banaue Rice Terraces

"Oh boy! It surely took a lot of blood, sweat and tears to curve such a beauty on a mountain."

A UNESCO World Heritage Place.

Got to preserve the beauty - a great heritage from our ancestors that the next generations will pride of its unique beauty.

Comfortably Cold

"Hey, it's cold up here! Love it!" - Yasmin

On one of our travels to Banaue, we went farther upland (and that means >> colder weather) into the Heart of Cordillera in Sagada as a sidetrip; and oh boy, the Sumaguing cave exploration was a hit with my children.

• Pros:"Comfortable Cold Weather, Fresh Mountain Air. Veggies."
  • Cons:"Rough roads (sometimes impassable) during rainy season"
  • In a nutshell:"Take Me Home, Country Roads" - J. Denver
  • Last visit to Banaue: Nov 2004
  • Intro Updated Aug 28, 2006

• goutammitra's Profile Photo
    Aug 28, 2006 at 6:58 PM

Really very beautiful costume and very nice place!! Never knew it was Unesco Heritage place. I have saved some photographs.

• herzog63's Profile Photo
    Feb 19, 2006 at 1:25 PM

I truly enjoyed your page!! It brought back great memories of the Bangaan, Batad area!! I hope to return to this area for moe hiking deeper into the remote villages.

• chewy3326's Profile Photo
    Jan 18, 2006 at 2:23 PM

Great scenery and photos! Banaue looks like a place I should add to my list of places to go.

• Jan 2, 2006 at 10:33 AM

The rice terraces, truly one of the pride and joy destinations of the Philippines and one of the many wonders of the world. Lovely photos Boyet of the scenery and the family.

bike_packer

“Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. -Ralph Waldo Emerson”

Badges & Stats in Banaue