Boracay Island Off The Beaten Path Tips by bike_packer Top 5 Page for this destination
Boracay Island Off The Beaten Path: 60 reviews and 99 photos
Rocky Trail to the Cave
Gone exploring caves at the northern end of the island is another one of our "What's more there other than White Beach?" experience in Boracay.
Getting there was by renting a motorcycle (P500 for 2 hours) and following directional signs with the help of a map. Along the road at the crossing leading to the Bat Cave via a single track trail are children from the local community to guide us for a minimal fee. The motorcycle was good for the hilly single track trail that we stopped just a few meters away from the cave for the final trek.
The place within the vicinity of the cave are limestone formations with lush vegetations all around . Into the cave, a few bats were flying and the smell of guano is in the air (not that stinky that i thought). The steps are slippery and we made sure earlier to wear our aquashoes. The prize - amazing stalactites and stalagmites formations.
Having gone to Boracay for more than a couple of times, it was a natural curiousity to find more about the place. The last time we were there, me and my wife rented a motorcycle and explored the other side of Boracay - or should I say "What's more there other than White Beach?"
One of the surprising destinations we visited was Mt. Luho, the highest peak of Boracay. At the viewdeck, the view gave us a better orientation of every place in Boracay and mainland Panay. Yes, indeed, a panoramic 360 deg view of Boracay with the long white sand shoreline so inviting.
Up there, it looks as if the island is not overflowing with visitors with the towering trees, mostly coconuts hiding those man-made structures. The greening of the sorroundings should be maintained and upped making Boracay a real nature hideaway.
We rented a motorcycle for P500 for 2 hours.
More Reviews (26)
- Folk, Rock & Country Music
- Hand-Painted Shirts
- See All Dragon Boat Rowing
- Outrigger Boats to White Beach
bike_packer's Related Pages
Boracay Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Island Life"
- "Mabuhay, Welcome to Boracay!"
- "Yielding To The Call Of The Islands"
- "Boracay Barefootin'"
- "Paradise in my backyard"
- "My longest VT meet"
- "Honeymoon in Boracay.."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Boracay Island
- Hotels in Boracay Island
- Transportation in Boracay Island
- Nightlife in Boracay Island
- Restaurants in Boracay Island
- Shopping in Boracay Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Boracay Island
- See All...
Explore the World
- Pililla Hotels
- Opstina Bitola
- Santiago de Compostela Hotels
- Kampong Sembulan Hotels
- Sharonbrook Hotels
Badges & Stats in Boracay Island
- 28 Reviews
- 48 Photos
- 18 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (23)
Have you been to Boracay Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Boracay Island
- Commented on one of pres_16's Boracay Island travel pages
- Posted in Travel Vientiane Forum "Re: Udon Thani to Vientianne and..."
- updated a Boracay Island Travel Page "Boracay Barefootin'"
- Wrote a Review "Into The Bat Cave" in Boracay Island Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to ""Into The Bat Cave""
Photos in Boracay IslandSee All Photos (48)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Bohol Intro, 29 reviews, 60 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boracay Island Intro, 28 reviews, 48 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baguio Intro, 15 reviews, 61 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Cebu Intro, 19 reviews, 43 photos
- Province of Tawi-Tawi Intro, 14 reviews, 46 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zamboanga City Intro, 17 reviews, 41 photos, 1 travelogue
- Province of Marinduque Intro, 15 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Manila Intro, 9 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dumaguete City Intro, 17 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Claveria Intro, 15 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (57)
Latest Boracay Island hotel reviews
- Orinda Beach Resort
- 45 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 11, 2013
- Calypso Diving Resort
- 17 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 24, 2013
- Hotel Isla Boracay-South
- 34 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 13, 2012
- Ocean Breeze Inn Boracay
- 93 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 7, 2013
- Asya Boracay
- 57 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 6, 2013
- 357 Boracay Resort
- 46 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 11, 2013
- Punta Rosa Resort
- 48 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 14, 2013
- La Plage de Boracay Resort
- 4 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 12, 2012
- Bolabog Apartell at the English Bakery Main
- 6 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 21, 2013
- Real Maris Resort
- 17 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 23, 2013
- Boracay Butterfly Garden Cottages
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Queen's Boracay Beach Resort
- 7 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 17, 2013
- Surfers Home Boracay
- 12 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 23, 2013
- Cez Manor Resort
- 10 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 8, 2013
- Villa Paula Beach House
- 8 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 28, 2012
- Island Hopping- 29 Reviews, 67 Photos
- Parasailing- 17 Reviews, 33 Photos
- Tattoos- 18 Reviews, 40 Photos
- Crystal Cove Caves- 14 Reviews, 37 Photos
- Snorkeling- 16 Reviews, 36 Photos
- Water Activities- 11 Reviews, 14 Photos
- Beach Massage- 18 Reviews, 18 Photos
- ATV Riding- 6 Reviews, 19 Photos
- Puka Beach- 10 Reviews, 16 Photos
- Boating and Sailing- 21 Reviews, 32 Photos
See All Boracay Island Things to Do