"Passing By Manjuyod" Manjuyod by bike_packer

Manjuyod Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 8 photos

Double-Crowned Coconut Tree

Feeling a little bit sleepy when driving by Manjuyod, Negros Oriental on our road trip, a sight of a coconut tree with 2 crowns on the window to my right as we pass by a canefield awoke me that I have to take a 2nd look and confirm that what I saw is no illusion. Excitedly unbelieving and literally going nuts on what I saw, I immediately asked the driver to stop and told to drive back and double check this amazing discovery.

Got down and walked to get near just a few meters away from this freak coconut tree trying to find any trick on the "hows and whys" of such dubious growth. But much to my amazement it was for REAL!!! Have seen maybe a million of coconut trees in my whole life and this is the first of its kind I saw. One local I talked to said that like me, they also wonder how it happened. And I was just one of the travellers passing by the place that took notice and amazed by this One-in-a-million kind of coconut tree.

Up close the split-up trunk.

• In a nutshell:I've gone nuts with this place.
  • Intro Updated Dec 24, 2006

• lekimumu's Profile Photo
    Mar 6, 2008 at 5:18 PM

What a very cool discovery and photo! I'm quite envious. :D

• freddie18's Profile Photo
    Feb 4, 2007 at 4:07 AM

What a wonderful discovery? Two decades na stay ko sa Philippines, didn't see one like this. Let's see in May-June, magtatanong nga ako kung meron nito sa amin sa Batangas. Regards from Freddie

• lissatagum's Profile Photo
    Nov 1, 2006 at 5:39 PM

one in a million nga!!!!

• Juds's Profile Photo
    Sep 9, 2006 at 7:52 PM

Pang Ripley's Believe It or Not nga! Galing! First time ko rin makakita ng ganyan. Thanks for sharing!

• goutammitra's Profile Photo
    Aug 15, 2006 at 7:07 AM

Yes indeed!! I too must have seen a million Coconut trees, but it seems one in a million. It's good that you noticed and posted a photo. Good job!!

• i-s-a's Profile Photo
    Aug 10, 2006 at 8:33 PM

wow galing! ngayon lang din ako nakakita ng niyog na nagsanga. salamat sa pagshare. pero mas maganda siguro kung isasama mo ko kung saan mo yan nakita hehehe.

bike_packer

“Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. -Ralph Waldo Emerson”

Badges & Stats in Manjuyod

Have you been to Manjuyod?