"Beach Bumming in Alona Beach, Panglao Island." Top 5 Page for this destination Panglao Island by bike_packer

Panglao Island Travel Guide: 217 reviews and 753 photos

Alona White Beach

On our 2006 Visayas Road Tour, we stayed at Alona Beach in Panglao Island when we toured the Province of Bohol. The less than kilometer white sand Alona Beach is dotted with a few dozens of beach resorts - wide range to choose from to suit anybody's budget.

It was not long upon checking in at our resort in the early afternoon that my children have to eagerly put on their swimwear to finally taake a dip by the water and play on the fine white sand. Me and my wife also couldn't resist the call of Alona Beach. Now, we call that - family fun in the beach. If not for the sun setting and night falling, I could have a hard time calling the kids off the water.

Sand, Sea and Starfish

Panglao Island is a diver's haven. No wonder of the very lively and colorful underwater marine life in the island and its reef extensions off to the sea.

White Fine Sandy Beach

Walking barefooted by the beach is fun.

• Pros:Clear Waters, Colorful Underwater Marine Life
  • Cons:Salty Tap Water Supply.
  • In a nutshell:White Sand Tropical Island Paradise
  • Last visit to Panglao Island: Apr 2006
  • Intro Updated Jul 14, 2006

• Dec 9, 2007 at 1:53 PM

Thank so much for all your comments. They're most helpful. Maybe we'll stay at Isis bungalows too but my friend wants to stay at Bohol Beach club which is so expensive but has a bigger beach area . Can you compare both?

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Aug 16, 2007 at 3:26 PM

thanks for inspirational tips and photos of somewhere i might get to myself one day!

• 1courage's Profile Photo
    Jun 27, 2007 at 12:57 PM

Wow! A real paradise! The Hinagdanan Cave is like a fairz tale:)

• freddie18's Profile Photo
    Feb 17, 2007 at 7:42 PM

Hi Boyet. You have very interesting and useful tips of Panglao Island. I saved most of them for my forthcoming visit to Bohol in May. Thanks for sharing. Regards from Freddie

• muddybok's Profile Photo
    Nov 23, 2006 at 5:19 AM

I actually missed Iglesia - Dauis Church. Should have check your page out before my trip. I love PH isles.

• Jul 27, 2006 at 8:35 AM

Getting a massage under a coconut tree while gazing at stars on the sand and sipping on buko juice sounds like the fabulous life of Boyet and his beautiful family. Blessings to you always my friend! And thanks for sharing your new adventures with us.

• daryll's Profile Photo
    Jul 19, 2006 at 3:37 AM

i see new places my friend : ) great tip

bike_packer

“Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. -Ralph Waldo Emerson”

Badges & Stats in Panglao Island

Have you been to Panglao Island?