"Israelis Shabbat Get Away" Daliyat el Karmil by DovoftheGalilee
Daliyat el Karmil Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 29 photos
Dalitay el-Karmel is a Druze village located in the mountains of Carmel. With views climbing up of the Meditteranian it is quite note worthy for the area. There is only one road in and out and that is Road 672. Sadly there is no buses that service this area. The national carrier Egged has done so in the past but for some unknown reason it's not running currently.
Well near as I've been able to figure out it's what Israelis do when most other things are closed for Shabbat. The town itself offers four streets with restaurants with mostly shwarma and salads and lots of stores that have repetitive bric brac and other trinkets. It's not the place you would go to get that special something, it's basically more tourist junk and head shop gear pitched to Israelis. They do don't get me wrong have tour buses come and private cars with tourists too. On this most recent visit a few quaint coffee shops have opened which served good coffee drinks and Arabic desserts but the downside was they were packed well over capacity even for ordering take away.
The Druze people can be seen throughout the northern region during this very thing that is seen in this photo. It's a nice treat and children are familiar with the warm flat bread filled with chocolate spread! Those who are not so inclined to have sweets can have the same bread filled with a tart spreadable cheese which is lovely. Generally they cost about 12 shekels each.
- Pros:Rather unique for Israel.
- Cons:Thr traffic can be a killer on Shabbat.
- In a nutshell:OK to visit but not to go way out of the way to do so.
DovoftheGalilee's Related Pages
Daliyat el Karmil Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Israelis Shabbat Get Away"
- "Daliyat el Karmil"
- "Daliat El Carmel"
- "Dalet El Carmel"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Daliyat el Karmil
- Restaurants in Daliyat el Karmil
- Warnings and Dangers in Daliyat el Karmil
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Daliyat el Karmil
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Daliyat el Karmil?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Daliyat el Karmil
Photos in Daliyat el KarmilSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Israel Intro, 17 reviews, 53 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tiberias 9 reviews, 9 photos
- Azerbaijan Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- India Intro, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Jerusalem 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Armenia Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Eilat 1 review, 3 photos
- Daliyat el Karmil Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- China Intro, 3 photos
- Egypt Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
No friends yet.