"Picture postcard scenery..." Lauterbrunnen by Myfanwe
Lauterbrunnen Travel Guide: 264 reviews and 779 photos
Lauterbrunnen is a little village not far from the larger town of Interlaken and lies in a valley surrounded by snow capped mountains and waterfalls. Poons, Suet & I stopped off here as part of our Euro-road trip after the Euromeet 2008 meeting in Karlsruhe, Germany. The scenery here is out of this world, we stayed at a campsite just minutes away from the centre of the village where you can take a combination of cable car & train to visit the mountain village of Murren.
There are beautiful waterfalls galore in this region. The falls in the picture are named 'Dust falls' as they rarely flow directly downwards & the water looks like dust blowing in the wind. This photo was taken from our campsite - what a wonderful place it is.
A fast flowing glacial river runs past Lauterbrunnen and alonside the campsite we stayed at.
- Pros:Fresh air & breathtaking scenery.
- Cons:Cloudy days.
Myfanwe's Related Pages
Lauterbrunnen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Lauterbrunnen - Switzerland"
- "a great base to explore the Jungfrau-region"
- "Exciting Time in Lauterbrunnen & Jungfrau"
- "HOW CAN YOU NOT LIKE LAUTERBRUNNEN!"
- "Can I Retire Here?"
- "Lovely Little Lauterbrunnen....."
- "Magnificent Lauterbrunnen"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lauterbrunnen
- Hotels in Lauterbrunnen
- Transportation in Lauterbrunnen
- Nightlife in Lauterbrunnen
- Restaurants in Lauterbrunnen
- Shopping in Lauterbrunnen
- Warnings and Dangers in Lauterbrunnen
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lauterbrunnen
- 1 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (59)
Have you been to Lauterbrunnen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lauterbrunnen
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cardiff Intro, 57 reviews, 170 photos, 1 travelogue
- Manchester Intro, 32 reviews, 125 photos, 2 travelogues
- Rodos (City) Intro, 30 reviews, 124 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chester Intro, 32 reviews, 114 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Porthcawl Intro, 30 reviews, 104 photos
- York Intro, 24 reviews, 100 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caerphilly Intro, 20 reviews, 102 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gloucester Intro, 21 reviews, 84 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tenby Intro, 19 reviews, 77 photos
- Brugge Intro, 15 reviews, 74 photos