"A Great town" Top 5 Page for this destination Abergavenny by Myfanwe
Abergavenny Travel Guide: 64 reviews and 218 photos
Abergavenny is a charming market town situated South of the Black mountains of the Brecon Beacons National Park. It is almost surrounded by two great Mountains - the Blorenge and the Sugarloaf. Numerous walking trails run close by such as the Offa's dyke long distance path, Marches Way and Beacons way to name a few.
Abergavenny is well know for its' cattle markets and flea markets which are held in the Market hall. There are also lots of quaint independant shops in the town centre intermingled with larger high street stores. Around the town you'll see some great historic buildings such as georgian houses and the old tannery - look out for the round blue plaques on the walls. There are also lots of great looking old pubs around town to quench your thirst after a good look around.
A sign on the Town Hall gives Abergavenny the title "Gateway to Wales". Formerly a medieval walled town, it was originally a Roman fort, Gobannium. It contains the remains of a medieval stone castle built soon after the Norman Conquest.
Llansantffraed Court is situated in the rolling countryside just South of Abergavenny. We stayed here for a wedding and... more travel advice
This fantastic building has a long and fascinating history. It dates back to the 12th century, when it was built to... more travel advice
Myfanwe's Related Pages
Abergavenny Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "History and beautiful Scenery"
- "A Great town"
- "Y Fenni"
- "Abergavenny / y Fenni"
- "Abergavenny a great little town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Abergavenny
- Hotels in Abergavenny
- Transportation in Abergavenny
- Nightlife in Abergavenny
- Restaurants in Abergavenny
- Shopping in Abergavenny
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Abergavenny
- 16 Reviews
- 54 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (29)
Have you been to Abergavenny?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Abergavenny
Photos in AbergavennySee All Photos (54)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cardiff Intro, 57 reviews, 170 photos, 1 travelogue
- Manchester Intro, 32 reviews, 125 photos, 2 travelogues
- Rodos (City) Intro, 30 reviews, 124 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chester Intro, 32 reviews, 114 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Porthcawl Intro, 30 reviews, 104 photos
- York Intro, 24 reviews, 100 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caerphilly Intro, 20 reviews, 102 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gloucester Intro, 21 reviews, 84 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tenby Intro, 19 reviews, 77 photos
- Brugge Intro, 15 reviews, 74 photos