"Bolton - Home of the Pheonix Club" Top 5 Page for this destination Bolton by Myfanwe
Bolton Travel Guide: 78 reviews and 197 photos
Bolton is a lovely town only 10 miles away from the City of Manchester. It has a great shopping precinct with indoor market & lots of pedestrianised streets. Bolton is the birthtown of my favourite Comedian - Peter Kay. His award winning series, Phoenix Nights was filmed on the outskirts of the town.
There are some lovely looking buildings in Bolton, in particular the Civic Centre and Town hall with two wonderful Lions carved in stone.
There are some lovely looking pubs here, many with a lot of history behind them and some with spooky residents!
- Pros:Phoenix nights was filmed here.
- Cons:It can be a bit cold in Winter...
Rivington is a pretty little hamlet situated between Bolton and Chorley. It is in an area of Outstanding Natural Beauty... more travel advice
The old Coaching House belonging to Smithills Hall has been transformed into a fantastic restaurant which offers great... more travel advice
Myfanwe's Related Pages
Bolton Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bolton born and bred"
- "A Weekend Around Bolton"
- "Bolton - Home of the Pheonix Club"
- "Bolton Pics"
- "Home town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bolton
- Hotels in Bolton
- Transportation in Bolton
- Nightlife in Bolton
- Restaurants in Bolton
- Shopping in Bolton
- Warnings and Dangers in Bolton
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Bolton
- 8 Reviews
- 40 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (29)
Have you been to Bolton?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bolton
Photos in BoltonSee All Photos (40)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cardiff Intro, 56 reviews, 170 photos, 1 travelogue
- Manchester Intro, 32 reviews, 125 photos, 2 travelogues
- Rodos (City) Intro, 30 reviews, 124 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chester Intro, 32 reviews, 114 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Porthcawl Intro, 30 reviews, 104 photos
- York Intro, 24 reviews, 100 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caerphilly Intro, 20 reviews, 102 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gloucester Intro, 21 reviews, 84 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tenby Intro, 19 reviews, 77 photos
- Brugge Intro, 15 reviews, 74 photos
Latest Bolton hotel reviews
- Holiday Inn Bolton Centre
- 268 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 2, 2013
- Premier Inn Bolton Reebok Stadium
- 288 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 29, 2013
- De Vere Whites Hotel
- 367 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013
- Travelodge Bolton West
- 23 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 19, 2013
- Mercure Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa Bolton
- 546 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 3, 2013
- Jarvis International Bolton
- 1 Review & Opinion