"A beautiful Saxon Town" Bradford on Avon by Myfanwe
Bradford on Avon Travel Guide: 22 reviews and 70 photos
Bradford on Avon is situated in South West England just a stones throw away from the popular City of Bath. The name of the town originates from the 'broad ford' across the River Avon and the Ancient bridge is a natural focus for the town.
The town has many fine examples of architecture from the Saxon, Medieval, Tudor, Georgian and Industrial Revolution periods.
Bradford is surrounded by stunning Countryside, peaceful riverside walks and beautiful gardens. The Barton Farm Country Park is just a ten minutes walk from the town centre offering an oasis of peace alongside the River Avon.
There are many independant shops, quaint crooked coffee shops and Ancient Inns in and around the centre of Bradford. The Shambles was part of a Medieval meat market but today provides a picturesque shopping street.
- Pros:The great architecture & countryside.
- Cons:None that I can think of.....
Barton Grange Farm is a range of Medieval buildings which surround the 14th Century Tithe Barn. This was the Grange of... more travel advice
The Shambles is a great Medieval street where a meat Market was once held. Nowadays it is awash with pretty half... more travel advice
Myfanwe's Related Pages
Bradford on Avon Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Quaint Bradford-on-Avon"
- "BRADFORD ON AVON"
- "A beautiful Saxon Town"
- "Bradford on Avon Wiltshire"
- "Bradford on Avon"
- "Nice Place"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bradford on Avon
- Hotels in Bradford on Avon
- Transportation in Bradford on Avon
- Restaurants in Bradford on Avon
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bradford on Avon
- 7 Reviews
- 34 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (29)
Have you been to Bradford on Avon?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bradford on Avon
Photos in Bradford on AvonSee All Photos (34)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cardiff Intro, 56 reviews, 170 photos, 1 travelogue
- Manchester Intro, 32 reviews, 125 photos, 2 travelogues
- Rodos (City) Intro, 30 reviews, 124 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chester Intro, 32 reviews, 114 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Porthcawl Intro, 30 reviews, 104 photos
- York Intro, 24 reviews, 100 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caerphilly Intro, 20 reviews, 102 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gloucester Intro, 21 reviews, 84 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tenby Intro, 19 reviews, 77 photos
- Brugge Intro, 15 reviews, 74 photos