"Porth Tywyn" Burry Port by Myfanwe
Burry Port Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 24 photos
Burry Port is a lovely little seaside town in South West Wales just a few miles from the hustle and bustle of the market town of Llanelli.
Burry Port Harbour is a great place for a stroll. It has an attractive lighthouse and great beaches which are backed by some tranquil sand dunes which are awash with beautiful wild flowers.
There are plenty of cycling and walking opportunities in Burry Port with the 202 hectares of Countryside at the Pembrey Country park and also an excellect coastal park which is a traffic free coastal path between Burry Port and Llanelli.
Burry Port has a small town with a sprinkling of shops, just a few minutes away from the harbour area. Here you will also find some very nice looking pubs. The main shopping street lies right alongside the train station which is is the major train line to the heart of West Wales.
- Pros:Great coastal scenery and walking opportunities
- Cons:None that I can think of...
The Ship Aground Inn is a really attractive looking pub on the main road between Pembrey and Burry Port. There was a... more travel advice
Burry Port has a great looking lighthouse which stands guard at the entrance to the Harbour. on the North side of the... more travel advice
Myfanwe's Related Pages
Burry Port Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Burry Port
- 7 Reviews
- 24 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (59)
Have you been to Burry Port?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Burry Port
Photos in Burry PortSee All Photos (24)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cardiff Intro, 57 reviews, 170 photos, 1 travelogue
- Manchester Intro, 32 reviews, 125 photos, 2 travelogues
- Rodos (City) Intro, 30 reviews, 124 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chester Intro, 32 reviews, 114 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Porthcawl Intro, 30 reviews, 104 photos
- York Intro, 24 reviews, 100 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caerphilly Intro, 20 reviews, 102 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gloucester Intro, 21 reviews, 84 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tenby Intro, 19 reviews, 77 photos
- Brugge Intro, 15 reviews, 74 photos