"Glastonbury - Tranquility at it's finest!" Top 5 Page for this destination Glastonbury by Myfanwe
Glastonbury Travel Guide: 138 reviews and 437 photos
Glastonbury is a beautiful serene place - the ideal place to get away from it all. It is surrounded by astounding countryside and has many attractions, walks, cycle routes & a charming town centre which consisted of many many quaint little shops selling items such as crystals, candles & even witchcraft manuals!!
A friend & I camped at the The Old Oaks aptly named as there are two ancient Oak trees situated in the grounds named Gog & Magog, the trees are 1000 years old and history has it that they used to be part of a tree lined avenue leading to the foot of the tor. The guidebooks say that these trees are hard to find, as luck would have it we pitched our tent facing them before we knew what they were - spooky!!
- Pros:Chalice well & the beautiful flowers everywhere.
- Cons:Footpaths not very well signnposted!
Climb the tower of this beautiful Church & admire the scenery. more travel advice
The Chalice well is an entirely pure natural spring that rises from a deep source. An array of beautiful flowers and... more travel advice
Myfanwe's Related Pages
Glastonbury Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "GLASTONBURY - QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS!"
- "The Mystical Isle of Avalon"
- "Glastonbury - not just for hippies"
- "Glastonbury - Tranquility at it's finest!"
- "Glastonbury Festival"
- "England's mountains green"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Glastonbury
- Hotels in Glastonbury
- Transportation in Glastonbury
- Nightlife in Glastonbury
- Restaurants in Glastonbury
- Shopping in Glastonbury
- Warnings and Dangers in Glastonbury
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Glastonbury
- 6 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (59)
Have you been to Glastonbury?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Glastonbury
- Posted in Travel Cardiff Forum "Re: Shops in Cardiff"
- Wrote a Review St Johns Church in Glastonbury Things to Do
- updated a Glastonbury Travel Page "Glastonbury - Tranquility at it's finest!"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Glastonbury - Tranquility at it's finest!"
- Commented on one of englishchris's Glastonbury travel pages
Photos in GlastonburySee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cardiff Intro, 57 reviews, 170 photos, 1 travelogue
- Manchester Intro, 32 reviews, 125 photos, 2 travelogues
- Rodos (City) Intro, 30 reviews, 124 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chester Intro, 32 reviews, 114 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Porthcawl Intro, 30 reviews, 104 photos
- York Intro, 24 reviews, 100 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caerphilly Intro, 20 reviews, 102 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gloucester Intro, 21 reviews, 84 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tenby Intro, 19 reviews, 77 photos
- Brugge Intro, 15 reviews, 74 photos