"Glastonbury - Tranquility at it's finest!" Top 5 Page for this destination Glastonbury by Myfanwe

Glastonbury Travel Guide: 136 reviews and 434 photos

A breath of fresh air....

Glastonbury is a beautiful serene place - the ideal place to get away from it all. It is surrounded by astounding countryside and has many attractions, walks, cycle routes & a charming town centre which consisted of many many quaint little shops selling items such as crystals, candles & even witchcraft manuals!!

A friend & I camped at the The Old Oaks aptly named as there are two ancient Oak trees situated in the grounds named Gog & Magog, the trees are 1000 years old and history has it that they used to be part of a tree lined avenue leading to the foot of the tor. The guidebooks say that these trees are hard to find, as luck would have it we pitched our tent facing them before we knew what they were - spooky!!

• Pros:Chalice well & the beautiful flowers everywhere.
  • Cons:Footpaths not very well signnposted!
  • Last visit to Glastonbury: Jun 2006
  • Intro Updated Jun 22, 2006

• starship's Profile Photo
    Feb 13, 2010 at 1:54 PM

Your page helped me remember some of what we saw in Glastonbury many years ago. Thanks for the virtual tour!

• mavl's Profile Photo
    May 13, 2008 at 12:32 PM

hi vicki, i'll be seeing you in karlsruhe! (but only virtually, sadly)

• marcbrazil's Profile Photo
    Oct 31, 2007 at 2:23 PM

Vicky..these pages are really fantastic to read, Glaston bury sounds very historic, I would love to see it one day!

• littlesam1's Profile Photo
    Oct 26, 2007 at 12:29 PM

Hi Vicky. How are you doing? Are you going to the Euro Meeting again this coming year. I have been researching Glastonbury and found your page.

• johngayton's Profile Photo
    Jun 20, 2007 at 5:50 PM

Hi Vicky, pleasure to meet you. Am just outside Glastonbury at mo' - not tranquil with 180,000 visitors for the festival! Can i add you to my "FIENDS" list? (the more fiends the better I always say!) Where did you HP quote come from? Cheers, John.

• Spincat's Profile Photo
    Jan 9, 2007 at 11:32 AM

Love the campsite - it is 'state of the art' isn't it!

• christine.j's Profile Photo
    Sep 3, 2006 at 6:27 AM

I just reread "A Finer End" ,so I made a virtual trip to Glastonbury. Your pages give a good impression of the "real thing".

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Jul 19, 2006 at 1:21 PM

Nice page here = a good place to bang a drum perhaps!!

• cleocat's Profile Photo
    Jul 15, 2006 at 5:10 AM

Also an unknown area to me. Thanks for the nice info.

• spanishguy's Profile Photo
    Jul 14, 2006 at 3:40 AM

What a breath taking place!! I love it!

Myfanwe

“Yesterday is history, tomorrow's a mystery, today is a gift that's why we call it the present....”

Badges & Stats in Glastonbury

Have you been to Glastonbury?