"Lovely Leominster" Leominster by Myfanwe
Leominster Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 39 photos
Leominster (promounced Lemster) is located in the heart of the beautiful border countryside, where England and Wales meet. It is a great historic Market town which dates back to the 7th Century.
Some say that Leominster is named after Earl Leofric, the husband of Lady Godiva who famously rode naked through the streets of Coventry on horseback. Others say that Leominster takes its name from a minster which was in the district of Lene or Leon.
The town centre is awash with great looking black and white timbered buildings which house quaint coffee shops, pubs and a whole range of other establishments. The picturesque shopping streets house a number of high street shops and many unique local boutiques.
Leominster has some great open spaces just a stones throw away from the town. The Grange is a great parkland area which has many benches, play area and is a perfect place to take a picnic.
Leominster has some lovely independent shops and quaint shopping streets for you to wander along. Drapers lane was my... more travel advice
The Milano Italian restaurant is small, cosy and very inviting. A very wide choice of meals are available on the menu. I... more travel advice
Myfanwe's Related Pages
Leominster Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Lovely Leominster"
- "A short history of Leominster"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Leominster
- Hotels in Leominster
- Restaurants in Leominster
- Shopping in Leominster
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Leominster
- 8 Reviews
- 34 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (58)
Have you been to Leominster?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Leominster
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cardiff Intro, 57 reviews, 170 photos, 1 travelogue
- Manchester Intro, 32 reviews, 125 photos, 2 travelogues
- Rodos (City) Intro, 30 reviews, 124 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chester Intro, 32 reviews, 114 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Porthcawl Intro, 30 reviews, 104 photos
- York Intro, 24 reviews, 100 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caerphilly Intro, 20 reviews, 102 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gloucester Intro, 21 reviews, 84 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tenby Intro, 19 reviews, 77 photos
- Brugge Intro, 15 reviews, 74 photos