"Home of the Liver Birds" Liverpool by Myfanwe
Liverpool Travel Guide: 1,327 reviews and 2,493 photos
Liverpool is most famous for being the birthplace of the Beatles and attracts tourists from miles around to visit the many museums and notable places connected with the group. This dynamic City is situated on the Eastern side of the Mersey estuary in the borough of Merseyside.
Several areas of the City Centre were granted World Heritage Status by UNESCO in 2004. These areas are referred to as the Liverpool maintime mercantile City. Six separate locations in the City make up the Heritage Site including the Pier Head, Albert Dock and William Brown Street.
Liverpool has some great shopping streets, waterside restaurants at the Albert dock, Museums galore for you to explore and a maritime history for you to discover aboard one of the many boat trips.
- Pros:Some really great buildings.
The Chinese Arch which stands proudly at the entrance to China town is a spectacular sight. It was designed by a Mr... more travel advice
I've always wanted to go on a Ferry Across the Mersey - it was probably the Gerry and the Pacemakers song which was... more travel advice
Myfanwe's Related Pages
Liverpool Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Liverpool - European Capital of Culture 2008"
- "ACROSS THE UNIVERSE"
- "More Than The Beatles...."
- "Liverpool - a dream come true!"
- "Liverpool Revisited"
- "Beatles everywhere!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Liverpool
- Hotels in Liverpool
- Transportation in Liverpool
- Nightlife in Liverpool
- Restaurants in Liverpool
- Shopping in Liverpool
- Warnings and Dangers in Liverpool
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Liverpool
- 6 Reviews
- 31 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (62)
Have you been to Liverpool?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Liverpool
Photos in LiverpoolSee All Photos (31)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cardiff Intro, 57 reviews, 170 photos, 1 travelogue
- Manchester Intro, 32 reviews, 125 photos, 2 travelogues
- Rodos (City) Intro, 30 reviews, 124 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chester Intro, 32 reviews, 114 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Porthcawl Intro, 30 reviews, 104 photos
- York Intro, 24 reviews, 100 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caerphilly Intro, 20 reviews, 102 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gloucester Intro, 21 reviews, 84 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tenby Intro, 19 reviews, 77 photos
- Brugge Intro, 15 reviews, 74 photos