"Lovely Llantwit" Llantwit Major by Myfanwe
Llantwit Major Travel Guide: 21 reviews and 117 photos
Llantwit Major is an historic town situated alongside the Heritage coastline in South Wales. It has been occupied for over 3000 years. Bronze and iron Age people settle here. The Romans also took up residence.
The town has many reminders of it's great historic past; a great town hall, ancient church and a preaching cross surrounded by lovely old taverns. As you walk around the village there are some great looking country houses and cottages for you to admire.
Llantwit Major has a pebbled beach which is served by a huge car park and beachside cafe. From here you can gain access to the great clifftop walking trails.
As you walk around the village there are some great looking country houses and cottages for you to admire.
... Some more of the great looking buildings.
- Pros:Great old buildings here...
- Cons:Car parking is limited in the old town.
Built in about 1440, the White Hart is the oldest, continuously occupied building in the town. We called in here for a... more travel advice
Myfanwe's Related Pages
Llantwit Major Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Llanilltud Fawr"
- "Llanwit Major"
- "Lovely Llantwit"
- "Llantwit Major"
- "St Donat's Castle"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Llantwit Major
- 6 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (29)
Have you been to Llantwit Major?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Llantwit Major
Photos in Llantwit MajorSee All Photos (23)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cardiff Intro, 57 reviews, 170 photos, 1 travelogue
- Manchester Intro, 32 reviews, 125 photos, 2 travelogues
- Rodos (City) Intro, 30 reviews, 124 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chester Intro, 32 reviews, 114 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Porthcawl Intro, 30 reviews, 104 photos
- York Intro, 24 reviews, 100 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caerphilly Intro, 20 reviews, 102 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gloucester Intro, 21 reviews, 84 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tenby Intro, 19 reviews, 77 photos
- Brugge Intro, 15 reviews, 74 photos