"Monmouth" Monmouth by Myfanwe
Monmouth Travel Guide: 25 reviews and 85 photos
Monmouth is a lovely little Welsh market town situated near the border between Wales and England. The town has grown around the confluence of three rivers, the Rivers Wye, Monnow and Trothy provide many scenic walks in the area and are very popular with boating activities - whilst we were there we were lucky enough to see some boat races on the Wye.
There is a lovely bustling main street in Monmouth with many quaint shops selling local gifts as well as a few high street ones thrown in for good measure.
Monmouth is perhaps best known as the birthplace of Henry V, although it also boasts a whole host of historical sites, people and buildings from the Nelson Garden to The Town Hall. It has a medieval 13th-century bridge over the river Monnow, unique in Britain as it is the only preserved bridge of its design remaining.
- Pros:A great place to visit with lots of history.
- Cons:None that I can think of ...
Just along the road from the museum, you will come to some railings overlooking the river Monnow. If you look over the... more travel advice
The Great Castle House was constructed from the original castle stone by the Marquis of Worcester in 1673. It was to... more travel advice
Myfanwe's Related Pages
Monmouth Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Lovely Town"
- "Lunch in Monmouth"
- "Monmouth -an ancient town"
- "The Wye Valley"
- "Monmouth: it was home for 18 years"
- "The Beautiful Wye Valley"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Monmouth
- Hotels in Monmouth
- Transportation in Monmouth
- Restaurants in Monmouth
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Monmouth
- 6 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (59)
Have you been to Monmouth?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Monmouth
Photos in MonmouthSee All Photos (21)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cardiff Intro, 57 reviews, 170 photos, 1 travelogue
- Manchester Intro, 32 reviews, 125 photos, 2 travelogues
- Rodos (City) Intro, 30 reviews, 124 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chester Intro, 32 reviews, 114 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Porthcawl Intro, 30 reviews, 104 photos
- York Intro, 24 reviews, 100 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caerphilly Intro, 20 reviews, 102 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gloucester Intro, 21 reviews, 84 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tenby Intro, 19 reviews, 77 photos
- Brugge Intro, 15 reviews, 74 photos