"Mumbles - A Charming little town" The Mumbles by Myfanwe
The Mumbles Travel Guide: 21 reviews and 85 photos
The Mumbles lies about 5 miles away from Swansea at the Southern tip of Swansea Bay. It is a lovely little town consisting of many parks and gardens alongside a fabulous walking & Cylcle path which spans the coastline from Mumbles Pier to Swansea town centre. The shops in the town range from small independant craft shops selling all sorts of Welsh gifts to Surf and Art shops.
Mumbles is sometimes known as the gateway to the Gower Peninsula, which is an area of outstanding beauty, the islets of Mumbles Head mark the start of Gower's Southern coast.
The Mumbles lighthouse dates back to 1794 and is still in action today. The Victorian Pier now houses a Cafe and an Ice rink. The short walk from the town to the Pier is extremely popular with day trippers and locals alike, it is a lovely with splendid views across Swansea Bay and beyond.
The Tourist Information in Mumbles is situated right in the heart of the town. It is located in a very attractive chapel... more travel advice
Caswell Bay is situated on the Gower Peninsuar about a 15 minute drive away from Mumbles. It is a popular destination... more travel advice
Myfanwe's Related Pages
The Mumbles Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mumbles - A Charming little town"
- "Y Mwmbwls"
- "The Mumbles"
- "Fishing village cum destination for excursions"
- "mysterious but exciting.."
- "Mumbles (Mwmbwls)"
- "The Mumbles, Wales"
- See All...
- Things to Do in The Mumbles
- Hotels in The Mumbles
- Transportation in The Mumbles
- Restaurants in The Mumbles
- Shopping in The Mumbles
- See All...
Badges & Stats in The Mumbles
- 13 Reviews
- 53 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (59)
Have you been to The Mumbles?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in The Mumbles
Photos in The MumblesSee All Photos (53)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cardiff Intro, 57 reviews, 170 photos, 1 travelogue
- Manchester Intro, 32 reviews, 125 photos, 2 travelogues
- Rodos (City) Intro, 30 reviews, 124 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chester Intro, 32 reviews, 114 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Porthcawl Intro, 30 reviews, 104 photos
- York Intro, 24 reviews, 100 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caerphilly Intro, 20 reviews, 102 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gloucester Intro, 21 reviews, 84 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tenby Intro, 19 reviews, 77 photos
- Brugge Intro, 15 reviews, 74 photos