"New Quay and Aberaeron" New Quay by Myfanwe
New Quay Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 19 photos
New Quay is a popular seaside village in West Wales. The main attractions here is its' lovely safe sandy beach, harbourside bars and restaurants and some lovely little gift shops.
If you're very lucky during your visit here you may catch a glimpse of a Dolphin or two as they breed in the waters of Cardigan Bay and are often seen from the harbour.
Aberaeron is a fantastic, picturesque waterside town. Sadly there is no page for Aberaeron so seeing as it's just 5 miles up the road from New Quay I have decided to combine the two. This picture perfect town has been described as the most stunning town on the Welsh coast and it's easy to see why. The pretty cottages and town houses which surround the harbour are each painted a different colour, some bold, some pastel shades but they blend in perfectly with each other and create some wonderful photo opportunities for those budding photographers amongst us.
Quay parade/Pen Cei was recently chosen as the 5th most picturesque street in Britain by Google street view.
A favourite pastime here is to stroll alongside the harbour, walk along the scenic coastal paths or visit one of the many boutique shops or bars in the town.
- Pros:None this is a fantastic place
- Cons:It can be a bit windy here.
Pen Cei/Harbour parade has been voted in 2010 the 5th most picturesque street in Britain. It really isn't hard to... more travel advice
Myfanwe's Related Pages
New Quay Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in New Quay
- 2 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (57)
Have you been to New Quay?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in New Quay
Photos in New QuaySee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cardiff Intro, 57 reviews, 170 photos, 1 travelogue
- Manchester Intro, 32 reviews, 125 photos, 2 travelogues
- Rodos (City) Intro, 30 reviews, 124 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chester Intro, 32 reviews, 114 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Porthcawl Intro, 30 reviews, 104 photos
- York Intro, 24 reviews, 100 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caerphilly Intro, 20 reviews, 102 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gloucester Intro, 21 reviews, 84 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tenby Intro, 19 reviews, 77 photos
- Brugge Intro, 15 reviews, 74 photos