"Steeped in History and Beauty" Top 5 Page for this destination Oldham by Myfanwe
Oldham Travel Guide: 111 reviews and 278 photos
Oldham is a fabulous town in Greater Manchester situated about 5 miles North of the City Centre.
There are many great things to do here. In the centre itself there are many great shops, restaurants and bars. As you walk around the town centre you will see many great historic buildings such as the steps of the Old Town Hall where Winston Churchill once stood as he was declared member of Parliament for Oldham.
Oldham's jewel in the crown has to be its' surrounding countryside. I would say this is on a par with the Brecon Beacons in South Wales - only just (haha). The moors above Oldham provide fantastic walking opportunities and are great for discovering historical sites of years gone by - look out for the Roman Fort! The Huddersfield narrow canal is also a great attraction to the area, it has been reformed to its' former glory and winds its' way through miles and miles of glorious Countryside, the towpaths create excellent walking/cycling opportunities for locals and visitors alike. Dotted amidst the hills you will find picturesque villages such as Delph, Dobcross, Diggle and Uppermill.
- Pros:The Countryside and of course it's the home of VT-er Balam
- Cons:None that i can think of...
This great little campsite is situated in the Pennine Hills just a few miles North of Oldham and not that much further... more travel advice
The tower on Hartshead Pike is a well-known local landmark. Once you have walked the short path to the top you will be... more travel advice
Myfanwe's Related Pages
Oldham Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bak yam"
- "Oldham, My home"
- "Steeped in History and Beauty"
- "Daisy Nook country park"
- "Born and bred..... Town gone to the dogs"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Oldham
- Hotels in Oldham
- Transportation in Oldham
- Nightlife in Oldham
- Restaurants in Oldham
- Shopping in Oldham
- Warnings and Dangers in Oldham
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Oldham
- 14 Reviews
- 57 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (29)
Have you been to Oldham?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Oldham
Photos in OldhamSee All Photos (57)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cardiff Intro, 56 reviews, 170 photos, 1 travelogue
- Manchester Intro, 32 reviews, 125 photos, 2 travelogues
- Rodos (City) Intro, 30 reviews, 124 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chester Intro, 32 reviews, 114 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Porthcawl Intro, 30 reviews, 104 photos
- York Intro, 24 reviews, 100 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caerphilly Intro, 20 reviews, 102 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gloucester Intro, 21 reviews, 84 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tenby Intro, 19 reviews, 77 photos
- Brugge Intro, 15 reviews, 74 photos
Latest Oldham hotel reviews
- Travelodge Oldham Manchester Street
- 138 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 6, 2013
- Premier Inn Oldham (Chadderton)
- 75 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 30, 2013
- Swallow Bower
- 134 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 7, 2013
- Saddleworth Hotel
- 172 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 30, 2013
- The High Point Hotel
- 1 Review & Opinion