"Cowbridge" Cowbridge by Myfanwe
Cowbridge Travel Guide: 23 reviews and 145 photos
Cowbridge is a really charming picturesque town situated in the Vale Of Glamorgan just 20 minutes drive away from the centre of Cardiff.
The town centre is still arranged on its medieval plan, with one long street divided into "burgage plots". It is one of very few medieval walled towns in Wales, and substantial portions of the walls, together with the south gate, are still standing. On 13 March 1254, Cowbridge received its first borough charter from Richard de Clare, the Lord of Glamorgan. Richard de Clare was one of the most powerful Barons of the day, having huge estates stretching across much of South Wales including Caerphilly Castle.
There are some lovely old pubs in Cowbridge which are well worth a visit. It is also renowned for fine dining and has many nice restaurants.
The Physic Garden, just off the high Street is a lovely place to sit and enjoy the sweet aromas of herbs and admire the floral displays.
The Bush Inn is a great old Country pub. It's situated in the picturesque medieval village of St Hilary, just a few... more travel advice
This fantastic looking Medieval Church is situated just off the High Street of Cowbridge. The church was initially a... more travel advice
Myfanwe's Related Pages
Badges & Stats in Cowbridge
- 9 Reviews
- 69 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (57)
Have you been to Cowbridge?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cowbridge
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cardiff Intro, 57 reviews, 170 photos, 1 travelogue
- Manchester Intro, 32 reviews, 125 photos, 2 travelogues
- Rodos (City) Intro, 30 reviews, 124 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chester Intro, 32 reviews, 114 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Porthcawl Intro, 30 reviews, 104 photos
- York Intro, 24 reviews, 100 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caerphilly Intro, 20 reviews, 102 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gloucester Intro, 21 reviews, 84 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tenby Intro, 19 reviews, 77 photos
- Brugge Intro, 15 reviews, 74 photos