"Symonds Yat - Natural Beauty" Top 5 Page for this destination Herefordshire by Myfanwe
Herefordshire Travel Guide: 107 reviews and 385 photos
Symonds Yat unfortunately is not included in the VT map which is a great shame. It is situated in the Wye Valley in the County of Herefordshire, England - not far from the Welsh border. Visitors are drawn to Symonds Yat in their droves for the sheer natural beauty of the area. The Wye Valley is a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty which stretches 72 miles alongside the River Wye from Hereford in the North to Chepstow in the South.
Some visitors are drawn to this area to enjoy all types of outdoor activity such as walking, caving, biking and canoeing whilst others just enjoy the tranquil surroundings and visit for a drink or meal in one of the great riverside bars/cafe's.
Symonds Yat is split into two by the River Wye. The easiest (and quickest) way to travel between the two is by the 'hand' ferry which runs on a daily basis in reasonable weather conditions
- Pros:The fantastic Countryside and gorgeous views.
- Cons:Will get very busy during the summer months.
The Saracens Head Inn is situated right alongside the River Wye at Symonds Yat East. It is a 16th Century building, some... more travel advice
This fantastic viewpoint is situated 120m above the gorge of the River Wye with outstanding views over rural... more travel advice
Myfanwe's Related Pages
Herefordshire Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "WYE VALLEY"
- "Symond's Yat, Wye Valley, Herefordshire"
- "Symonds Yat - Natural Beauty"
- "HOME OF THE BLACK & WHITE TRAIL"
- "UP NORTH"
- "Black & white houses, cider orchards & Cathedral"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Herefordshire
- Hotels in Herefordshire
- Transportation in Herefordshire
- Nightlife in Herefordshire
- Restaurants in Herefordshire
- Shopping in Herefordshire
- Warnings and Dangers in Herefordshire
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Herefordshire
- 29 Reviews
- 121 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (29)
Have you been to Herefordshire?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Herefordshire
- Posted in Travel Cardiff Forum "Re: The best public transport..."
- Wrote a Review Lovely riverside setting in Herefordshire Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Lovely riverside setting"
- updated a Herefordshire Travel Page "Symonds Yat - Natural Beauty"
- Commented on one of ranger49's Herefordshire travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cardiff Intro, 56 reviews, 170 photos, 1 travelogue
- Manchester Intro, 32 reviews, 125 photos, 2 travelogues
- Rodos (City) Intro, 30 reviews, 124 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chester Intro, 32 reviews, 114 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Porthcawl Intro, 30 reviews, 104 photos
- York Intro, 24 reviews, 100 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caerphilly Intro, 20 reviews, 102 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gloucester Intro, 21 reviews, 84 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tenby Intro, 19 reviews, 77 photos
- Brugge Intro, 15 reviews, 74 photos