"Croeso - Welcome to my pages!" Myfanwe's Profile

A Bit about me....

Cardiff is my hometown, I have lived here since 1991. I grew up in a small coal mining village called Llanbradach - the coal mining industry in wales has almost vanished from the Welsh Valleys, only one or two drift mines remain. Coal mining is a huge part of our heritage, many museums in Wales capture this important part of history.

I have the best of both worlds in the location of my house - I have the hustle and bustle of Cardiff City Centre with attractions such as The Millennium Stadium, Cardiff Castle, Civic Centre & Cardiff bay all a fifteen minute drive away plus I also have the beauty of the surrounding countryside a stones throw away, my house is backing onto the glorious Caerphilly mountain which has numerous walking trails - the main one being the Rhymney Valley Ridgway walk.

My Favourite Things!!

Nature Conservation

In my spare time I volunteer to do all sorts of nature conservation work at Porthcawl, Newton and the Kenfig National Nature Reserve in South Wales. I love the feeling of being able to help the environment and learn more about the beautiful landscape that we live in while also getting some fresh air and exercise at the same time.

Travel & photography are also high up on the list. I love to explore new parts of the World taking snapshots wherever I go, when I met up with VT members in the 2nd European meeting in Marbella I felt quite at home snapping away at all and sundry!! - now I have a website to post them on ;-))

Cruising the World has become a firm favourite (although very expensive) way for me to travel; a life on the ocean wave is fantastic. I'm pretty easy to spot on board & I'm the one frantically peering out to sea hoping to catch a glimpse of a pod of dolphins or maybe a whale!

Music is also very close to my heart, I love all types from Reggae, Indie, Rock to pop diva tunes & maybe even the odd boy band here & there (shame on me!!) I'm loving Jack Johnson, Keane, Embrace and Black Eyed peas (to name a few) at the moment.

Camping

I love it when the summer arrives once more and the temperatures rise again - this only means one thing to me - it's camping time again!! I think the reason I like camping so much is that I love nature, the countryside & best of all people watching ;-))

My favourite site has to be Carreglwyd in Port Eynon which is along the Gower peninsula in South Wales. It has spectacular sea views and is the perfect place to get away from it all.

Vic In a nutshell

Likes:

VT (Yeah I'm a creep!!)
Laughing
Music
Nature
Animals
Swimming & Gym
Gardening

Dislikes:

Cruelty to animals
Having to work when it's sunny outside!
Cold dark winters
Queues

• Intro Updated Feb 15, 2012

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
Myfanwe's Profile Photo

Myfanwe

“Yesterday is history, tomorrow's a mystery, today is a gift that's why we call it the present....”

Real Name