"Beautiful istria" glenabel's Profile

Istria the place I love

Hello all, my name is glen. I live in London UK, and have two small kids. The place I love is Istria where my wife is from. Her family live in Barban which is an small old Ventian town about 20 mins from Pula. This is a picture of an old Istrian kitchen. Istria can be very hot in Summer, but very cold in Winter. There is lots to see and do and it makes for a wonderful holiday. My wife's family have two Istrian houses.

istrian fireplace

Istrians are very fond of their fireplaces and love better nothing more than cooking over them on a warm summer evenining

This house was completely refurbished in 2005, it was once half house and half barn. It still keeps the original Istrian stone work inside and out.

modern bedroom

in the new house we have put modern furniture. In the older we have obtained more original Istrian furniture.

istrian village setting

we are very proud of our house. this is villa lilac just after she was finished. The finishing touch will be the lilac, planted in spring 2006.

Istrian houses

this is in Grabri, about 2 minutes drive from barban. there have been houses here for centuries, the people living off the fertile land.

• Intro Updated Nov 5, 2005

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
glenabel's Profile Photo

glenabel

“This must be just like living in Paradise”

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.