"Don't Mess With Texas!!!" Texas by H-TownJourneyman
Texas Travel Guide: 13,657 reviews and 28,067 photos
Welcome to Texas, my home state! Like most people from here, I am proud to call Texas my home. Since I was born here and have lived here my entire life, it is the only place I know of as home. And wherever life takes me in the future, my heart will always be here in Texas! But most Texans fell the same way about the Lone Star State, even if it was not their place of birth. It is true that we indeed have immense pride in our state, yet it is something that is not easily explaned. We are proud of the history here, we are proud of the beautiful land here, but in my opinion, I think it is the people here that make Texas such a great place to live. I am of course biased in my view, but I think some of the nicest, most down-to-earth people reside right here. Truly a great place to live, as well as to visit!
Texas in the 21st century is quite a diiferent place than the days of Davy Crockett and cattle drives. Big cities like Dallas, Houston, and San Antonio have grown into international metropolis'. Yet there is still that same down home feel in the air across the state that keeps the Old Texas spirit alive. Texas will always be associated with cowboys and oil wells, but today Texas is also linked to the space industry, and computer technology. Many people from all over the world have come to Texas to make better lives for themselves, making it a very diverse and interesting place to live. I will always look upon the history of the state with immense pride, but I love what it is today, and I look forward to the future here as well!
When visiting Texas, one thing you will see in mass, and in many cases large sizes, is the state flag of Texas. In most... more travel advice
For over 50 years, Whataburger restaurants have been filling Texan's bellies with mouth-watering hamburgers. The chain... more travel advice
H-TownJourneyman's Related Pages
Texas Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Lots to see in Texas"
- "Keeweechic's Texas"
- "Around Texas"
- "TEXAS--What took us so long to get here?"
- "Texas Back Roads and Byways"
- "My Home: Texas"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Texas
- Hotels in Texas
- Transportation in Texas
- Nightlife in Texas
- Restaurants in Texas
- Shopping in Texas
- Warnings and Dangers in Texas
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Texas
- 141 Reviews
- 166 Photos
- 15 Forum posts
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Texas?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Texas
Top 10 Pages
- Istanbul Intro, 101 reviews, 149 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Houston Intro, 102 reviews, 109 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galveston Intro, 32 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Maui Intro, 22 reviews, 33 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alanya Intro, 12 reviews, 22 photos
- Oahu Intro, 12 reviews, 14 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 12 reviews, 12 photos
- Turkey Intro, 9 reviews, 12 photos
- Hawaii (State of) Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos
- Antalya Intro, 4 reviews, 14 photos