"Don't Mess With Texas!!!" Texas by H-TownJourneyman

Texas Travel Guide: 13,728 reviews and 28,198 photos

The Lone Star State

Welcome to Texas, my home state! Like most people from here, I am proud to call Texas my home. Since I was born here and have lived here my entire life, it is the only place I know of as home. And wherever life takes me in the future, my heart will always be here in Texas! But most Texans fell the same way about the Lone Star State, even if it was not their place of birth. It is true that we indeed have immense pride in our state, yet it is something that is not easily explaned. We are proud of the history here, we are proud of the beautiful land here, but in my opinion, I think it is the people here that make Texas such a great place to live. I am of course biased in my view, but I think some of the nicest, most down-to-earth people reside right here. Truly a great place to live, as well as to visit!

~~~~~~~~~~~
Today's Texas
~~~~~~~~~~~

Texas in the 21st century is quite a diiferent place than the days of Davy Crockett and cattle drives. Big cities like Dallas, Houston, and San Antonio have grown into international metropolis'. Yet there is still that same down home feel in the air across the state that keeps the Old Texas spirit alive. Texas will always be associated with cowboys and oil wells, but today Texas is also linked to the space industry, and computer technology. Many people from all over the world have come to Texas to make better lives for themselves, making it a very diverse and interesting place to live. I will always look upon the history of the state with immense pride, but I love what it is today, and I look forward to the future here as well!

• Intro Updated Feb 21, 2007

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Mar 26, 2008 at 5:12 AM

Howdy, Josh! Thanks for your stories and pictures, bud!

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo
    Apr 24, 2006 at 6:41 AM

I like your sayings about Texas--we'll be moving there this summer. I hear most Northeasterners who move there love it...is this true?

H-TownJourneyman Used To Live Here!

H-TownJourneyman

“Get out there & see some stuff!!!”

Badges & Stats in Texas