Istanbul Shopping Tips by H-TownJourneyman
Istanbul Shopping: 304 reviews and 492 photos
Kanyon, which opened in 2006, is a huge shopping mall, office building, and residential apartment complex, situated in the financial district of Levent. The 4 story mall has a fabulous futuristic design, and is open-air. At night, the blue and purple lighting gives it an even more unique and fashionable appearance. Among the 160 stores located here, there are several cafes and restaurants, department and clothing stores, a car dealership, a grocery store, a fitness center, and a cinema. When I was here, on the first floor there was even a jazz concert being put on. In addition to the mall, there is a 26 story office building, and 179 residential apartments available for rent. Quite an incredible structure, and Istanbul's newest shopping experience!
Address: Büyükdere Caddesi No:185
Directions: Located in Levent
Phone: +90 212 353 53 00
Metrocity Shopping Mall
If you are looking for a modern shopping complex while in Istanbul, this is the place for you! Metrocity Shopping Mall is located in the business & financial district of Levent, an area not frequented by tourists as much as other parts of the city. The mall has over 150 retail stores, selling everything from clothes to electronics. There are also several restaurants located within the food court. The mall is illuminated naturally during the day by the transparent panels that serve as a roof, whic is actually quite nice.
Not a very touristy place to visit, this mall is more of a place for locals to do their shopping, just as in most major cities. But if you are missing that favorite mall from back where you are from, you might just feel right at home here!
Address: Büyükdere Caddesi No:171
Directions: Located in Levent - Take the metro to the Levent stop
Istiklal Caddesi is one of the most popular streets in all of Istanbul, known for it's many stores & shops, restaurants, and nightlife spots. The area around Istiklal Caddesi is commonly referred to as "Taksim" by locals, due to it's proximity to Taksim Square. The avenue itself is closed to vehicles, and you can easily see why when you pass down it, as there are thousands of people throughout much of the day and night here walking the street. During the 19th century, the avenue was named "Caddesi Kebir", or "Grand Avenue", and the area was popular amongst foreigners as well as an area more "westernized" than many other parts of Istanbul. After the formation of the Turkish Republic in the 1920's, it's name was changed to "Istiklal", or "Independence". Along with it's noted shopping, dining, and nightlife, it is also a great place to relax on a bench and do some people watching, or take a ride on the nostalgic 19th century tram that runs down the avenue.
Directions: Located in Taksim, Istiklal Caddesi runs directly into Taksim Square
More Reviews (98)
- See All Nazar Boncuk – The Evil Eye!
- See All Popular Nevizade Bar
- See All Coffeeshop In Nisantasi
- See All Tesvikiye Mosque
- See All Aya Triyada - Church Of The Holy Trinity
H-TownJourneyman's Related Pages
Istanbul Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "STROLLING THROUGH ISTANBUL"
- "The only city in the world build in 2 continents"
- "Istanbul not/and Constantinople"
- "istanbul tips"
- "My Beloved Istanbul"
- "Beauty, Culture, & History - All In One Place!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Istanbul
- Hotels in Istanbul
- Transportation in Istanbul
- Nightlife in Istanbul
- Restaurants in Istanbul
- Shopping in Istanbul
- Warnings and Dangers in Istanbul
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Istanbul
- 101 Reviews
- 149 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 30 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Istanbul?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Istanbul
- updated a Istanbul Travel Page "Beauty, Culture, & History - All In One Place!"
- Commented on one of sugar74's Istanbul travel pages
- Posted in Travel Houston Forum "Re: Houston to Galveston"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Sakip Sabanci Museum"
- Wrote a Review Nazar Boncuk – The Evil Eye! in Istanbul Local Customs
Photos in IstanbulSee All Photos (149)
Top 10 Pages
- Istanbul Intro, 101 reviews, 149 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Houston Intro, 102 reviews, 109 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galveston Intro, 32 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Maui Intro, 22 reviews, 33 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alanya Intro, 12 reviews, 22 photos
- Oahu Intro, 12 reviews, 14 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 12 reviews, 12 photos
- Turkey Intro, 9 reviews, 12 photos
- Hawaii (State of) Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos
- Antalya Intro, 4 reviews, 14 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (31)
Latest Istanbul hotel reviews
- Preferred Hotel Oldcity
- 34 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 7, 2013
- Asmali Konak Hotel (Turkish Mansion)
- 184 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 18, 2013
- 256 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013
- TAV Airport Hotel
- 135 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 16, 2013
- Courtyard Istanbul International Airport
- 210 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 20, 2013
- Istanbul Marriott Hotel Asia
- 164 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 13, 2013
- Side Hotel and Pension
- 214 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- Saba Hotel
- 106 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 3, 2013
- Hotel Sultan Hill
- 93 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 28, 2013
- 49 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 16, 2013
- Marmara Pera
- 261 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 18, 2013
- Orient Express Hotel
- 685 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013
- Grand Anka Hotel
- 5 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 12, 2013
- Gezi Hotel
- 134 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 4, 2013
- Topkapi Palace- 305 Reviews, 709 Photos
- Agia Sophia - Ayasofya- 299 Reviews, 707 Photos
- Grand Bazaar- 108 Reviews, 186 Photos
- Blue Mosque - Sultanahmet- 246 Reviews, 539 Photos
- Bosphorus River- 109 Reviews, 192 Photos
- Galata Tower- 100 Reviews, 223 Photos
- Taksim Square- 35 Reviews, 74 Photos
- Basilica Cistern - Yerebatan Saray- 104 Reviews, 211 Photos
- Princes Islands- 29 Reviews, 52 Photos
- Dolmabahce Palace- 105 Reviews, 242 Photos
See All Istanbul Things to Do