"The Majestic Doubtful Sound" Doubtful Sound by 2Cities1Love
Doubtful Sound Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 65 photos
We booked most of our NZ wish list stuff before leaving Australia so we wouldnt be disappointed. It's definately a wise thing to do. And with Doubtful Sound we were not disappointed. We were in awe of it's size, splendour and beauty.
A Valentine's Day overnight cruise was our choice and is something we both will never forget. It was perfect in every way. We had great weather, a great boat with an awesome crew and made some great new friends.
Milford Sound is the popular tourist destination of Fiordland and is awesome in its own right. However, Doubtful Sound, in our opinion, is grander and much more majestic. It's bigger and with much less traffic is more peaceful and tranquil.
To get to Doubtful Sound we were picked up by bus from our Holiday Park at Te Anau and taken to Lake Manipouri, where we boarded a boat that took us across to the West Arm. From there it was another bus ride through Wilmot Pass to Deep Cove, the start of Doubtful Sound. The scenery just getting there was awesome.
- In a nutshell:Amazing
2Cities1Love's Related Pages
Doubtful Sound Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Doubtful Sound"
- "The Majestic Doubtful Sound"
- "Doubtful Sound"
- "DOUBTFUL SOUND - FIORDLAND, NEW ZEALAND"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Doubtful Sound
- 1 Reviews
- 36 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Doubtful Sound?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Doubtful Sound
Photos in Doubtful SoundSee All Photos (36)
Top 10 Pages
- Perth Intro, 7 reviews, 55 photos, 4 travelogues
- Queenstown Intro, 7 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Melbourne Intro, 8 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- Mordialloc Intro, 3 reviews, 37 photos, 4 travelogues
- Doubtful Sound Intro, 1 review, 36 photos, 4 travelogues
- Rockingham Intro, 19 reviews, 17 photos, 2 travelogues
- Te Anau Intro, 6 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- Juneau Intro, 4 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 9 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ketchikan Intro, 2 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues