"Mundaring" Mundaring by 2Cities1Love
Mundaring Travel Guide: 49 reviews and 62 photos
In the heart of the hills, Mundaring is a short 35 minute drive from the City of Perth.
The name "Mundaring" has Aboriginal origins:
Aboriginal name meaning "A high place on a high place". This was pronounced "Mundahring" by the aborigines with the emphasis on the first syllable. Through common usage the pronunciation has gradually become converted to "Mundaring".
"Mindar" aboriginal name meaning "Grass tree leaves (or spines)" thus "Mindaring" would be "The place of the grass tree leaves". Originates from a language in common use amongst aborigines in Western Australia.
Mundaring is home to the amazing engineering feat of the Mundaring Weir, where the Golden Pipeline starts its journey to Kalgoorlie Boulder. Water is pumped 560 kilometres from Mundaring Weir in peaceful Helena River Valley to Kalgoorlie. Following wet winters, the dramatic sight of the Mundaring Weir overflowing draws sightseers and residents alike to the valley.
2Cities1Love's Related Pages
Mundaring Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Mundaring
- Hotels in Mundaring
- Transportation in Mundaring
- Nightlife in Mundaring
- Restaurants in Mundaring
- Shopping in Mundaring
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mundaring
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Mundaring?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mundaring
Top 10 Pages
- Perth Intro, 7 reviews, 55 photos, 4 travelogues
- Queenstown Intro, 7 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Melbourne Intro, 8 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- Mordialloc Intro, 3 reviews, 37 photos, 4 travelogues
- Doubtful Sound Intro, 1 review, 36 photos, 4 travelogues
- Rockingham Intro, 19 reviews, 17 photos, 2 travelogues
- Te Anau Intro, 6 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- Juneau Intro, 4 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 9 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ketchikan Intro, 2 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues