autumn918 hasn't come back to VirtualTourist in a while.
Meet other members!

My Favorite Pages

taigaa001's Profile Photo
taigaa001 Apr 20, 2015 at 2:26 AM

Greetings from Japan.

Ntomnif's Profile Photo
Ntomnif Oct 10, 2012 at 2:57 AM

Best wishes on VT Rebekah.We look forward to reading your travel exploits.Greetings from Cameroon.

potemptkin's Profile Photo
potemptkin Apr 14, 2012 at 2:14 AM

Dont worry the bus does exist its a private company, i will get you the name. My email address is cahul1@yahoo.com and its the same for the hostel.
All the best.
Rob

GyuriFT's Profile Photo
GyuriFT Apr 12, 2012 at 2:05 AM

I am thinking, flying to Budapest and renting the car from there could be simpler as BP is a large city. But to my surprise the Baia Mare / Nagybánya airport has OK car rental facilities.

On the other hand if one is afraid to drive on the "correct" side of the road ( sorry for the joke ) renting a car in a rural setting like Baia Mare is better, driving in Budapest / Belgrade / Bucharest is very stressful even for me, I hate it and try to avoid. The entire idea is IMO pretty good, just maybe Rebekah should not be afraid to go there by public transport either way and rent the car ijust for the area, add one day for little training and/or make a contact with a teacher of a driving school, they are happy to help through first few hours and get adopted, hourly charges for training are very little compared with West Europe or Singapore, won't be more than maybe $10 - $20 / hour, you won't need more than 2-3 hours, ask the tourist offices (see my links).

So it's IMO simpler than expected and don't worry.

corsaire16 Apr 11, 2012 at 7:30 PM

it is relatively close to the wooden churches and the merry cemetery at Sapanta.

CatherineReichardt's Profile Photo
CatherineReichardt Apr 11, 2012 at 10:19 AM

Hi Rebekah
Forgive me, but I am curious about your posting on the Romania forum.
If I might ask, why would someone be interested in travelling to Baia Mare? I only know of it as the site of a mining-related disaster that sparked international uproar about the alleged release of cyanide to the environment, so I'm curious to know what else there might be there to attract tourists?
Regards
Cathy

unaS's Profile Photo
unaS Oct 5, 2010 at 10:30 AM

Thanks for visiting my Granada pages and for the rankings - if that was you :D

pradmod's Profile Photo
pradmod Aug 28, 2010 at 4:45 AM

Hi I Am Pradeep , Please see My Page.

iwys's Profile Photo
iwys Dec 25, 2008 at 4:30 AM

Merry Christmas from the Land of Frankincense.

shikokuzen's Profile Photo
shikokuzen Mar 27, 2006 at 1:27 AM

Hello Rebekah from Singapore.......i like pics of singapore...any coming soon...i do hope so......