"Lee Beck's Home Page." lbeck's Profile

About Me

I'm finding that I’m not literarily creative – Couldn’t think of a catchy name for my home page. Having just joined, I read the home page of the first VT friend to welcome me to the “club.” She mentioned in her personal notes that she is not naturally blonde. Well, I’m not either. I am naturally gray, though.

She also mentioned that she doesn’t want lots of replies from men wanting to start romantic relationships. Guess that goes for me too.

I’m happily married with two happily married children and one 5-month old happy grandbaby. We’re all happy, happy, happy. I’d make a smiley-face here if I knew how.

I enjoy traveling and usually take one “big” trip per year. This past year we went to Alaska with two other couples and had a great time. Went to San Francisco and Yosemite (second trip) with another couple in 2002, and have traveled fairly extensively throughout the U. S. Done a few trips to Europe on business (Paris twice, England, Norway, Netherlands, and Switzerland). I returned to Switzerland with my wife after the business trip. It's much more fun to share travel experiences. I also went to Pucon, Chile about 15 years ago. I prefer to get out from the city when I can. I find most big cities have a lot in common and most is not desirable... fast-paced lifestyle, pollution, litter, noise. I prefer scenic beauty and meeting residents of small communities when I get the chance.

In addition to traveling I like technical stuff. I do lots of video editing but I find it challenging with the entry-level software that I can afford. Still, it’s fun and rewarding when things go right.

I guess that’s enough to give you a snapshot of my interests. I’ll probably change this later since the personal stuff written above is somewhat dated. I try to keep my personal blog more up-to-date.

• Intro Written Nov 2, 2005

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!