"Life's an Adventure" imlikeabird's Profile

Back from Walt Disney World. The main thing I have to say is that I expected great customer service from Disney and I was UNDERWHELMED and DISAPPOINTED. The Coronado Springs Resort was just bad customer service at every turn - which I will write about in their review. Epcot and Animal Kingdom were fun, and my little one enjoyed them.

No immediate travel plans :( Will have to remedy that.

I have to credit my love of travel to my father. He worked in electronics, at the bottom of those towers you see when you drive around. When I was little he had a small truck with the parts in back, and he worked in Missouri and Oklahoma. During the summer months when school was out, he would put me in the passenger seat and off we'd go. Of course, the company's insurance didn't cover me, so no one was supposed to know. I don't suppose they can fire him now that he's dead. But this was how I initially got my itchy foot. I love to explore. As I've gotten older, I've explored much more exotic locations than Missouri and Oklahoma. I still love a good roadtrip though.

In the United States I've been to 32 of the 50 states. My favorite place is Las Vegas. I also enjoyed:

New Orleans
San Francisco
Hollywood
Seattle
Memphis
San Antonio
Boston
Daytona

Outiside of the U.S. I've been to Germany (3 times), England (1 time), France (1 time), and Italy (2 times).

Germany - Really all over, I went with my reserve unit to Ramstein and Rhein Main. Toured Trier, Frankfurt, Dusseldorf, Kaiserslautern. I loved the Rhein River cruises and Frankenstein's castle. Went to Germany my 3rd time when Adam was working in Bad Soden and I had the extremely challenging task of finding the perfect restaurants and beer gardenss.

France: Paris. I liked the Eiffel Tower, Palace of Verseilles, and the Louvre. Would have liked to go to the Auguste Rodin Museum and the Claude Monet Museum.

England: Went to Mildenhall with reserves. Toured London and Cambridge, both lovely experiences. I would go back.

Italy: Spent 16 days of my honeymoon here. Beautiful. Went to Rome, Positano, Amalfi, Ravello, Capri, Pompeii, Florence, and Venice. Unbelievable experience. I could live in Italy. Went back in 2006 when Adam was working just north of Milan. I stayed in Milan and shopped and drank red wine and ate yummy Italian food.

Travel wish list:
Greece
Ireland
Albuquerque International Balloon Festival
Lake Tahoe
I'd love to see the Olympics live, sometime, somewhere in my lifetime

My Interests:

1. Okay, obviously travel

2. Reading: I love Ernest Hemingway, Heinrich Bolle, Anna Ahkmatova, and I've recently become addicted to Haven Kimmel.

3. Scrapbooking. Big surprise, I make a lot of travel albums.

4. Website development.

5. Figure skating. To watch, I'm not very good at it myself. Recently went to see the U.S. Nationals in St. Louis.

6. I'm a coffee addict, failing all attempts at recovery.

7. I'm attempting to become a yoga addict, but truthfully I prefer to sleep.

8. I like to try nice restaurants.

That's about all for now!

Things I want to do before I die:

Travel the world

Have a child UPDATED JUNE 2008 - Mission accomplished, although I guess now I should say to raise a child. We had a beautiful baby girl this month.

Be on The Amazing Race

Publish my sister's writings

Skydive

Off for an adventure

My brother has his pilot's license, which means we can get a bird's eye view and take off when we want.

My late sister, Deana, and I onboard.

Capri

Adam and I on our honeymoon in Italy. Gelato is arguably one of the greatest parts of Italy.

My cat Morticia

She was not happy about this!

Flying to New Orleans

My brother Quay is pilot with my husband Adam riding shotgun. My sister-in-law slept & I was the flight attendant. This was our last trip to New Orleans.

Bellagio Las Vegas

It's beautiful here. My sister Deana's favorite place in the world.

Paris

In front of Napoleon's tomb in Paris

Monterey

My mother and I in Pebble Beach, CA

• Intro Updated Mar 21, 2010

Personal Pages (1)

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
imlikeabird's Profile Photo

imlikeabird

“Two bare feet on the dashboard.”

Real Name