"Baltimore: Baseball, Beer, and Baltoberfest" Baltimore by travelfrosch

Baltimore Travel Guide: 1,199 reviews and 3,426 photos

Baseball

Sara and I are rabid Boston Red Sox fans. Fortunately for us, the division rival Baltimore Orioles play the Red Sox quite often during the season, which gave us many opportunities to see our team when we lived in northern Virginia. An easy train ride from Washington's Union Station, Baltimore affords great options for meals, weekend getaways... and, of course, baseball games.

Beer

Among the best things about the city of Baltimore is the Inner Harbor, with excellent places to eat and fine brews. This year, I was able to enjoy Belgian and English style microbrews of excellent quality. It's also not too bad when you have Federal Hill and Fells Point to stroll around and take in the atmosphere.

Baltoberfest!!!

Baltoberfest 2006 was a tremendous VT meet. We got to meet a lot of VTers for the first time, enjoyed an evening of duckpin bowling, and ate a whole lot of steamed crab with many pitchers of beer! Ellielou, Frankcanfly, and Littlesam1 really outdid themselves with this one -- great job! Might there be a Baltoberfest 2010 coming? ;o)

• Last visit to Baltimore: Sep 2009
  • Intro Updated Sep 27, 2009

• b1bob's Profile Photo
    May 8, 2010 at 8:38 AM

Nice job.

• ViajesdelMundo's Profile Photo
    Oct 30, 2009 at 4:39 PM

I'm a native Baltimoron, but don't get there much any more since my dear MOther passed on. It sure has changed, of course, so a lot of yr info is new to me; ooooh I do miss the steamed crabs, though! great hotel $$ tips and others; thanks!

• ellielou's Profile Photo
    Apr 1, 2008 at 6:05 PM

Maybe we should change films! Maybe something like The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly!?!

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    Jan 26, 2008 at 7:50 AM

Excellent detailed tips on Baltimore. I love crabs. Cheers, SL :)

• gilabrand's Profile Photo
    Aug 6, 2007 at 2:59 AM

I also have a restaurant tip about Mother's - but not in Baltimore. It is called Ima (Mother) and it's in Jerusalem.

• christine.j's Profile Photo
    May 8, 2007 at 2:40 AM

You've me hungry for crabmeat! (And all I have here for lunch is a yoghurt.) We were in Baltimore several years ago and liked the waterfront area very much.

• Travmad's Profile Photo
    Sep 26, 2006 at 8:18 AM

Nicely done Mark!! I really enjoyed your photos and comentary.

• Hexepatty's Profile Photo
    Sep 25, 2006 at 4:36 PM

Checked out your photos again... as you had added more. LOVED your commentaries too! Thanks Mark... great job!!!

• Sep 21, 2006 at 5:06 AM

Nice photos! I am so jealous of your pre-game pics! SO JEALOUS!

• littlesam1's Profile Photo
    Sep 20, 2006 at 8:37 PM

good chronicle of the weekend. Glad you had a good time.

travelfrosch

“"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" -Benjamin Franklin”

Badges & Stats in Baltimore

Have you been to Baltimore?