"Baltimore: Baseball, Beer, and Baltoberfest" Baltimore by travelfrosch
Baltimore Travel Guide: 1,210 reviews and 3,452 photos
Sara and I are rabid Boston Red Sox fans. Fortunately for us, the division rival Baltimore Orioles play the Red Sox quite often during the season, which gave us many opportunities to see our team when we lived in northern Virginia. An easy train ride from Washington's Union Station, Baltimore affords great options for meals, weekend getaways... and, of course, baseball games.
Among the best things about the city of Baltimore is the Inner Harbor, with excellent places to eat and fine brews. This year, I was able to enjoy Belgian and English style microbrews of excellent quality. It's also not too bad when you have Federal Hill and Fells Point to stroll around and take in the atmosphere.
Baltoberfest 2006 was a tremendous VT meet. We got to meet a lot of VTers for the first time, enjoyed an evening of duckpin bowling, and ate a whole lot of steamed crab with many pitchers of beer! Ellielou, Frankcanfly, and Littlesam1 really outdid themselves with this one -- great job! Might there be a Baltoberfest 2010 coming? ;o)
This high-rise Sheraton (formerly the Wyndham Inner Harbor) hotel can be a reasonably-priced alternative to the more... more travel advice
Thanks to Ellen and Mike, we found this gem. A few blocks inland from the Inner Harbor, this indoor market has been an... more travel advice
travelfrosch's Related Pages
Baltimore Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Charm City"
- "Native Baltimoron"
- "The Land of Pleasant Living and...."
- "Baltimore "The Monumental City""
- "~ Baltimore ~"
- "DUCKPIN BOWLING AT THE PATTERSON BOWL"
- "The Great BaltOberfest"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Baltimore
- Hotels in Baltimore
- Transportation in Baltimore
- Nightlife in Baltimore
- Restaurants in Baltimore
- Shopping in Baltimore
- Warnings and Dangers in Baltimore
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Baltimore
- 15 Reviews
- 85 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (110)
Have you been to Baltimore?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Baltimore
Photos in BaltimoreSee All Photos (85)
Top 10 Pages
- Munich Intro, 46 reviews, 168 photos
- New York City Intro, 33 reviews, 131 photos, 2 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 33 reviews, 119 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kandersteg Intro, 27 reviews, 93 photos
- Norway Intro, 22 reviews, 89 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Akureyri Intro, 26 reviews, 83 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 24 reviews, 82 photos
- Baltimore Intro, 15 reviews, 85 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tórshavn Intro, 20 reviews, 78 photos
- Europe Intro, 30 reviews, 58 photos, 2 travelogues