"Shippin' Up To Boston" Boston by travelfrosch
Boston Travel Guide: 3,988 reviews and 8,903 photos
After more than 21 years wandering the country and the world, I'm finally coming home. Over the next few months, my family and I will be making the move back to the place I was born. On this page, I'll try to share some information on this historical, walkable, un-drivable, and when it comes down to it... my home town.
The driving in Boston is... shall we say, a bit of a challenge. Public transport is OK, but has its quirks. The good news is, Boston is very compact and is ideal for walking. If you know where to go, there are lots of nice walking paths near water.
One place not many people know about is Castle Island. Situated in South Boston, across the harbor from Governor's Island (the current location of Logan Airport), it offers a nice park for grilling, many walking trails, a small playground, a modest beach, and a Colonial era British fort -- re-named Fort Independence some time after said independence came to pass. If you arrive at the right time, you might meet a certain local volunteer who will cheerfully fill you in on the fort's history.
Enjoy the page!
One of the most classic baseball parks in the United States is historic Fenway Park, home of the Boston Red Sox. Built... more travel advice
Among the best places to take kids in Boston is the New England Aquarium. The featured attraction is the brand new,... more travel advice
- See All Red Auerbach
- See All The T: Tickets and Tourist Cards
- See All Excellent Italian-American Restaurant in...
travelfrosch's Related Pages
Boston Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "BOSTON KALEIDOSCOPE AND ITS CAST OF COLORS…"
- "IF HOME IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS-THEN I LIVE HERE"
- "The Perfect Weekend Away City"
- "Boston in a Nutshell"
- "Boston Features the Old and New"
- "Boston, baby!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Boston
- Hotels in Boston
- Transportation in Boston
- Nightlife in Boston
- Restaurants in Boston
- Shopping in Boston
- Warnings and Dangers in Boston
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Boston
- 21 Reviews
- 75 Photos
- 89 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (125)
Have you been to Boston?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Boston
- Posted in Travel Vienna Forum "Re: Meet up next week?"
- Commented on the T - subway, Boston travel guide
- Wrote a Review Fenway Park about Fenway Park in Boston Things to Do
- updated a Boston Travelogue "RIP Cleo, 2000 - 2015"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Fenway Park"
- Commented on one of Gypsystravels's Boston tips
- Uploaded a Video to Boston
Photos in BostonSee All Photos (75)
Videos in BostonSee All Videos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Munich Intro, 50 reviews, 184 photos
- New York City Intro, 33 reviews, 131 photos, 2 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 33 reviews, 119 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kandersteg Intro, 28 reviews, 98 photos
- Norway Intro, 22 reviews, 89 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Akureyri Intro, 26 reviews, 83 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 24 reviews, 82 photos
- Baltimore Intro, 15 reviews, 85 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tórshavn Intro, 20 reviews, 78 photos
- Porto Intro, 20 reviews, 72 photos