Akureyri Restaurant Tips by travelfrosch Top 5 Page for this destination
Akureyri Restaurants: 7 reviews and 5 photos
This cafe, located in the striking blue house on Hafnarstræti, is an option for breakfast and coffee. During summer, it opens at 8AM. We didn't try it, but the bread and coffee smelled good as we walked by. I suspect it's somewhat pricey, but probably not pricier than the hotel breakfasts, so it's something to consider.
Address: Hafnarstræti 96, IS-600 Akureyri
Directions: On Hafnarstræti, about 2 blocks south of Ráðhústorg. It's in the distinctive blue house.
La Vita è Bella is a pleasant, romantic restaurant in downtown Akureyri. It is known locally for an excellent wine list and steaks, but it also has creditable Italian food. To keep the price down, you can split a pizza and drink the tap water generously provided in carafes. Excellent bread and spiced olive oil provided as part of the "cover charge."
Favorite Dish: We split a four-cheese pizza. It was cheerfully served to us, already split, on two plates. The pizza was huge, so it was easily a full meal for both of us.
Address: Kaupvangsstræti 3, 600 Akureyri
Comparison: about average
Phone: 461 5858
For a change of pace, you can give this place a try. Its lunch special was filling and inexpensive. It also serves dinner specials for one or two.
Favorite Dish: I had the vegetable rice noodles. I got a lot of noodles for about Kr 600. Cheap and filling.
Address: Kaupvangsstræti, Akureyri
Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: Down Kaupvangsstræti from the corner of Hafnarstræti. In the same complex as a Subway restaurant.
Theme: Fast Food
Website: http://www.nings.is (Icelandic)
More Reviews (13)
travelfrosch's Related Pages
Akureyri Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "AKUREYRI - THE CAPITAL OF THE NORTH."
- "The Cornfield on the Sand Bar"
- "A City Surrounded By Fjords !"
- "Akureyri - random pictures."
- "Akureyri as I saw it"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Akureyri
- Hotels in Akureyri
- Transportation in Akureyri
- Nightlife in Akureyri
- Restaurants in Akureyri
- Shopping in Akureyri
- Warnings and Dangers in Akureyri
- See All...
Explore the World
- Birdsall Hotels
- Elmhurst Hotels
- Shoal Bay Village Hotels
- Canandaigua Hotels
- Rabbit Hash
Badges & Stats in Akureyri
- 16 Reviews
- 46 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (47)
Have you been to Akureyri?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Akureyri
Top 10 Pages
- Munich Intro, 42 reviews, 152 photos
- New York City Intro, 29 reviews, 125 photos, 2 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 33 reviews, 119 photos, 2 travelogues
- Norway Intro, 22 reviews, 89 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kandersteg Intro, 24 reviews, 79 photos
- Baltimore Intro, 15 reviews, 85 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tórshavn Intro, 20 reviews, 78 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 22 reviews, 72 photos
- Europe Intro, 30 reviews, 58 photos, 2 travelogues
- Zermatt Intro, 15 reviews, 71 photos, 1 travelogue