"The Swiss Alps" Top 5 Page for this destination Alps by travelfrosch

Alps Travel Guide: 53 reviews and 154 photos

Welcome to Heaven

The Swiss Alps are, without a doubt, one of the most awe-inspiring areas of Europe. On a sunny day, there is no better place to be than on a hiking trail taking in fresh air and scenery. You can make a base in any number of towns and villages and take advantage of Switzerland's extensive system of trains, buses, boats, and gondolas. Or, if you wish, you can spend an entire vacation up in the mountains, hiking from mountain hut to mountain hut as long as you like. On this page, I'll share some more general tips about the Swiss Alps, as well as various hikes, tourist destinations, and scenic train rides. Check back as often as you like while I slowly add content. Enjoy!

• Last visit to Alps: May 2012
  • Intro Updated Jun 8, 2012

• hopang's Profile Photo
    Jun 20, 2009 at 10:45 AM

Wonderful page on Swiss Alps with your amazing photographs! The view of those mountains certainly look very impressive. We hope to visit the Alps one day. ~ho & pang

• nicolaitan's Profile Photo
    Dec 2, 2008 at 6:29 PM

these pictures are just beautiful, went thru them all. if we ever get there i will read all about those old style trains with the open windows. gorgeous.

• betako3's Profile Photo
    Jun 30, 2008 at 9:49 AM

I've had a vague idea of wanting to visit the Alps, now browsing through your pages I've become serious about it. Beautiful pics and a great source of information!

• Ekaterinburg's Profile Photo
    Mar 6, 2008 at 2:25 PM

Excellent transportation tips :)

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Nov 16, 2007 at 12:16 AM

a great overview of your travels through the swiss alps ! it is funny to see that VT is listing this tiny village close to Potresina !

• imstress's Profile Photo
    Nov 1, 2007 at 10:48 PM

Great tips and useful information on the Alps!My closest encounter was up on a helicopter ride and landed on the Glacier for about 20 mins.

• freddie18's Profile Photo
    Apr 16, 2007 at 7:56 PM

Amazing sceneries of the Alps. This is one of the reasons why I am eager to schedule my 2nd trip to Europe. Switzerland is on top of my list. Thanks for sharing.

• christine.j's Profile Photo
    Apr 6, 2007 at 11:57 PM

Great information and wonderful pictures. I love hiking in the Grindelwald area.

• Tripack's Profile Photo
    Mar 11, 2007 at 1:21 PM

Great Alpine tips! Hope to take advantage of your advices soon as I have never been on the Jungfraujoch top... Greetings from the Swiss Alps!

travelfrosch

“"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" -Benjamin Franklin”

Badges & Stats in Alps