"Appenzellerland" Top 5 Page for this destination Appenzell by travelfrosch
Appenzell Travel Guide: 48 reviews and 189 photos
In the northeast corner of Switzerland lies what many consider to be the most traditional region of the country, Appenzell. While the town itself is fun to wander through, the real draw is the surrounding scenery. The mountains are not as spectacular as in other parts of the Alps, but there are plenty of lifts and stroller-friendly walking trails to explore.
UPDATE: At least for the remainder of summer 2013, Gasthof Edelweiss will only serve dinner to overnight guests who... more travel advice
This gasthaus with a well-decorated exterior serves good quality local food at (relatively) reasonable prices. Choose... more travel advice
travelfrosch's Related Pages
Appenzell Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "unique architecture"
- "THE FAIRYTALE VILLAGE OF APPENZELL"
- "the best cheese in Switzerland !"
- "Colorful Appenzell"
- "The fairy tale houses"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Appenzell
- Hotels in Appenzell
- Transportation in Appenzell
- Restaurants in Appenzell
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Appenzell
- 12 Reviews
- 47 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (109)
Have you been to Appenzell?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Appenzell
Photos in AppenzellSee All Photos (47)
Top 10 Pages
- Munich Intro, 46 reviews, 168 photos
- New York City Intro, 33 reviews, 131 photos, 2 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 33 reviews, 119 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kandersteg Intro, 27 reviews, 93 photos
- Norway Intro, 22 reviews, 89 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Akureyri Intro, 26 reviews, 83 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 24 reviews, 82 photos
- Baltimore Intro, 15 reviews, 85 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tórshavn Intro, 20 reviews, 78 photos
- Europe Intro, 30 reviews, 58 photos, 2 travelogues