"Engelberg and Mount Titlis" Top 5 Page for this destination Engelberg by travelfrosch
Engelberg Travel Guide: 79 reviews and 500 photos
When you arrive in Engelberg, you can understand why the monks decided to build a monastery in these heavenly surroundings. Set in a hanging valley, Engelberg affords amazing views in all directions. We thoroughly enjoyed the two nights we spent here.
A wonderful place to visit on the way to Mount Titlis is the Trubsee. The lake itself is quite scenic, but the trip there can be quite beautiful also. You can get there by hiking, or by lift, or by a combination of the two.
The crowning jewel of the Engelberg area is Mount Titlis. Sure it's touristy, but I must say the views compare favorably with the views from the more famous, more touristy, and far more expensive Jungfraujoch. I recommend you spend the money and take the lift up here.
The narrow-gauge train line from Luzern to Engelberg is run by the private railway Zentralbahn. ZB "Engelberg Express"... more travel advice
A good hike, especially early in the season when the trail to Trübsee is closed, is the hike to Untertrübsee. The hike... more travel advice
travelfrosch's Related Pages
Engelberg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mount Titlis for snow in summer & winter"
- "Revolving around Titlis"
- "ENGELBERG & MT. TITLIS"
- "Titlis, Engelberg"
- "Engelberg and Mount Titlis"
- "The base of Mount Titlis"
- "City of Titlis"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Engelberg
- Hotels in Engelberg
- Transportation in Engelberg
- Restaurants in Engelberg
- Shopping in Engelberg
- Warnings and Dangers in Engelberg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Engelberg
- 7 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (79)
Have you been to Engelberg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Engelberg
Photos in EngelbergSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Munich Intro, 44 reviews, 162 photos
- New York City Intro, 33 reviews, 131 photos, 2 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 33 reviews, 119 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kandersteg Intro, 27 reviews, 93 photos
- Norway Intro, 22 reviews, 89 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Akureyri Intro, 26 reviews, 83 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 24 reviews, 82 photos
- Baltimore Intro, 15 reviews, 85 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tórshavn Intro, 20 reviews, 78 photos
- Europe Intro, 30 reviews, 58 photos, 2 travelogues